The Student Room Group

can i finish epq in 2 weeks?

So basically I picked EPQ which was a huge mistake. I despise it. I currently have about 2000 words and I haven't written anything since November. The project is due around the end of February. Do you reckon it's possible to write 3000 words in about 2 weeks or have I ****ed myself over here?
Hiya, i did EPQ last year and also hated it and left everything for last minute ( like i spent 8 hours doing it for 3 days straight i think - dont recommend), but it's definitely possible ( just with extra stress) if you put your mind to it and just get on with it. Look at the bright side you still have 2 weeks left, so i suggest making a timetable/plan to finish a part of a section everyday until your done.
Original post by Ayyy_16
So basically I picked EPQ which was a huge mistake. I despise it. I currently have about 2000 words and I haven't written anything since November. The project is due around the end of February. Do you reckon it's possible to write 3000 words in about 2 weeks or have I ****ed myself over here?

Yeah it’s definitely manageable, but you’ll need to spend time on it everyday (at least 300 words per day to give yourself a day or two to proofread) - some bits will be easier than others so focus on the bits you can get done more quickly (e.g. updating your progress log, evaluating sources)

I’m in the exact same situation as you, best of luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Ayyy_16

2 weeks is definitely plenty of time despite not feeling like it - I left over half of my essay until the day before and spent the next 12 hours solidly working to finish it (which was incredibly stressful but possible).
Try to remember that most of the marks come from your planning rather than the essay itself so don’t neglect it. Make sure you have evidence of you working on it previously, maybe you kept a journal or have plans written down?
I basically left everything including the majority of my research until 2 days before the deadline. I would say finish your essay asap and then work on collecting evidence e.g. make a document analysing some of your sources, attach any journals or plans you’ve made, attach any drafts or plans of your essay. I did all of this and managed an A* despite leaving everything until the last minute so it’s definitely possible for you - will still be quite stressful but it’s achievable.
Reply 4
Original post by Ayyy_16

yeah I had 1 week to do an EPQ - write a song + 2000 word report. It was painful, but it can be done. (I got a B in the end lol)
Reply 5
Original post by blahblah2000
Hiya, i did EPQ last year and also hated it and left everything for last minute ( like i spent 8 hours doing it for 3 days straight i think - dont recommend), but it's definitely possible ( just with extra stress) if you put your mind to it and just get on with it. Look at the bright side you still have 2 weeks left, so i suggest making a timetable/plan to finish a part of a section everyday until your done.

Original post by laurawatt
Yeah it’s definitely manageable, but you’ll need to spend time on it everyday (at least 300 words per day to give yourself a day or two to proofread) - some bits will be easier than others so focus on the bits you can get done more quickly (e.g. updating your progress log, evaluating sources)

I’m in the exact same situation as you, best of luck!

Original post by flo_sc
2 weeks is definitely plenty of time despite not feeling like it - I left over half of my essay until the day before and spent the next 12 hours solidly working to finish it (which was incredibly stressful but possible).
Try to remember that most of the marks come from your planning rather than the essay itself so don’t neglect it. Make sure you have evidence of you working on it previously, maybe you kept a journal or have plans written down?
I basically left everything including the majority of my research until 2 days before the deadline. I would say finish your essay asap and then work on collecting evidence e.g. make a document analysing some of your sources, attach any journals or plans you’ve made, attach any drafts or plans of your essay. I did all of this and managed an A* despite leaving everything until the last minute so it’s definitely possible for you - will still be quite stressful but it’s achievable.

Original post by iFlops
yeah I had 1 week to do an EPQ - write a song + 2000 word report. It was painful, but it can be done. (I got a B in the end lol)

Thank you all. This has somewhat helped. I'm struggling with motivation to get it done but I will try. I'm honestly not bothered about the grade anymore, but just about getting it done.
Reply 6
Original post by Ayyy_16
Thank you all. This has somewhat helped. I'm struggling with motivation to get it done but I will try. I'm honestly not bothered about the grade anymore, but just about getting it done.

Hahaha I got to that stage as well. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending