The Student Room Group

Double degree in law and economics

Anyone know of which Uni in Uk offers a undergraduate program for dual degree for law and economics?
Reply 2
Original post by Jwizzle2992

thanks for info, seems to be limited choices in UK to do a double degree. Btw, will it be advisable to do 3 years full degree in law, then only do a post graduate/Master in Econs?
Reply 3
Original post by vivabrain
Anyone know of which Uni in Uk offers a undergraduate program for dual degree for law and economics?

Have you tried UCAS's "Search for Courses" page at https://digital.ucas.com/search ?

In the UK, programmes are either "single honours", "joint honours", or "combined honours". Single honours means you're studying a single discipline; "joint" or "combined" indicates that it's two subjects. You only get one degree.

Joint/combined courses are normally named "X and Y" (e.g. Law and Economics) where the split is 50/50. "X with Y" (e.g. Law with Economics) normally indicates a "two-thirds X and one-third Y" split.
Original post by vivabrain
thanks for info, seems to be limited choices in UK to do a double degree. Btw, will it be advisable to do 3 years full degree in law, then only do a post graduate/Master in Econs?

I couldn't say, I believe the way Scotland and England do law degrees are different. We have a 4 year course here whereas I believe England usually just do 3 years.
Reply 5
Original post by Jwizzle2992
I couldn't say, I believe the way Scotland and England do law degrees are different. We have a 4 year course here whereas I believe England usually just do 3 years.

thanks so much for clarifications. Sounds like only one option in UK.
Reply 6
Original post by martin7
Have you tried UCAS's "Search for Courses" page at https://digital.ucas.com/search ?

In the UK, programmes are either "single honours", "joint honours", or "combined honours". Single honours means you're studying a single discipline; "joint" or "combined" indicates that it's two subjects. You only get one degree.

Joint/combined courses are normally named "X and Y" (e.g. Law and Economics) where the split is 50/50. "X with Y" (e.g. Law with Economics) normally indicates a "two-thirds X and one-third Y" split.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Meaning there's no such thing as double degree in UK, unlike in Australia and New Zealand, we can opt for conjoint courses for 5 years study and get 2 full degrees instead of 1 degree for 3 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending