The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Moving

I’ve applied to study at Edgehill Uni which is based in ormskirk, although the area is totally not for me as I’d prefer a more city lifestyle. Is there any chance I’d be able to get student accommodation in Liverpool and commute the 20/30mins to Uni? Is that allowed?
find out
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by KeeMossx
I’ve applied to study at Edgehill Uni which is based in ormskirk, although the area is totally not for me as I’d prefer a more city lifestyle. Is there any chance I’d be able to get student accommodation in Liverpool and commute the 20/30mins to Uni? Is that allowed?

I'm pretty sure you can live wherever you want, bit it's your judgement as to whether you'll be able to get to the uni when you have to
Reply 3
Original post by tinygirl96
find out

Wow! Thank you so much I would’ve never thought to do this🤌🏼Thank you to the gods x
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'm pretty sure you can live wherever you want, bit it's your judgement as to whether you'll be able to get to the uni when you have to

Yeah it’s a factor you’d have to take into consideration. I have looked into it, although have struggled to find a direct answer to how easy it would be. There’s many advantages and disadvantages and I’m just seriously hung up on whether I can, or even want to. Just hope someone may have had the same experience or aspiration so I can get a clearer insight to it
Original post by KeeMossx

Im kinda late here lol
Same here! I'd prefer a city type of scene but for first year I'm going with on campus halls. Second year definitely moving out of Ormskirk to Liverpool planning on getting a place with the same flatmates (if i like them lol) or friends. Check spareroom.co.uk easiest way to find potential places that are close by
Yeah, it’s allowed. Someone on my course lived in Liverpool while at Edge Hill and everything was fine for her.
Yes in theory it is possible however Merseyrail isn’t always the most reliable. Peak times are super busy and the network doesn’t cope with extreme weather. Also if there are events in at aintree racecourse you’ll be lucky to get on in Liverpool.
Reply 8
Jumping onto this chat - I've not a student at edge hill but my partner is about to start his undergrad course this September. The transport links from Liverpool are very good on merseyrail. You can get a student railcard and get the train direct from Moorfields/Liverpool to Ormskirk but I would say it's longer than 30mins to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending