The Student Room Group

Sunderland A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by libby_beeee
I don't think it's med students only, just that all med students are there. But there will probably be students from other courses too.

I’ve got a friend doing medicine @ Sunderland who’s in 2nd year so I’ll ask her. I think it’s that the free accommodation for med students is all in scotia quay so all the med students live there, I’m not sure if there’s people from other courses living there as well but I’ll ask my friend Xx
Original post by aspiringmdeva
Mine is AAB

Are you contextual or widening participation?
Original post by AmyCharls
I’ve got a friend doing medicine @ Sunderland who’s in 2nd year so I’ll ask her. I think it’s that the free accommodation for med students is all in scotia quay so all the med students live there, I’m not sure if there’s people from other courses living there as well but I’ll ask my friend Xx

That would be great - thanks!
Original post by strawberry192
Are you contextual or widening participation?

my track says ‘local consideration’ so i’m guessing it’s because i live close to sunderland
Do you think they'll have Scotia free for year 1 students like they did last year?
Does anyone know if scotia quay has en suite room (with a toilet and shower)?
Original post by Jellytot172
Does anyone know if scotia quay has en suite room (with a toilet and shower)?

I think they are: https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/about/accommodation/scotia-quay/

"Scotia Quay offers ensuite facilities in every bedroom from £95.50 per week."
Original post by Localgirl
Do they still offer the free accommodation for the first year medics?

Hi,
Yes, we still provide free University-managed accommodation in Scotia Quay for Year 1 of study and a discount of 50% on University-managed accommodation in Year 2. More information on this can be found here :smile:
Original post by thundernugget
Is scotia quay for med students only?

Scotia Quay is for all students, but all Medicine students who choose to live in Scotia are grouped together. :smile:
Original post by libby_beeee
I think they are: https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/about/accommodation/scotia-quay/

"Scotia Quay offers ensuite facilities in every bedroom from £95.50 per week."

Yes, our Scotia Quay accommodation has ensuite facilities.
Any images of scotia quay? Specifically the rooms? Just curious :smile:
Original post by thundernugget
Any images of scotia quay? Specifically the rooms? Just curious :smile:

a current med student actually did a room tour on YouTube if you google ‘scotia quay room tour’ you should find it :smile:
i think i will be firming sunderland too, see you guys there hopefully!
Reply 33
Gap year student here who just got accepted! I'm excited to start in September :smile:
Original post by Cee15
Gap year student here who just got accepted! I'm excited to start in September :smile:

congrats!!
Do you have to move out of scotia quay at the end of terms or do you stay moved in for the full year?
Are there still going to be offer holder days this year? If so when?
Did anyone get a letter or an email for their offers or was it just a notification on ucas?
Original post by Jellytot172
Are there still going to be offer holder days this year? If so when?

I don't know if they will do a in person one but they may do an online one like other unis
Original post by ish2000
Did anyone get a letter or an email for their offers or was it just a notification on ucas?

All I’ve had is a notification on ucas so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending