The Student Room Group

law vs business law

London south bank university have the same modules in law and business law. I don't know the difference of it
can anyone tell me.
Reply 1
did you look at the modules for all three years? surely it can't be the exact same curriculum.

there will be some shared modules but in business law (i'm assuming) there will be some compulsory modules such as business law and company law. in a straight LLB those modules will be optional.
Reply 2
Original post by Joleee
did you look at the modules for all three years? surely it can't be the exact same curriculum.

there will be some shared modules but in business law (i'm assuming) there will be some compulsory modules such as business law and company law. in a straight LLB those modules will be optional.

That's the thing I was confused because I have looked at the module law and business law both do company law and business law. Still not sure if I should do law or business law , however I would like my career in business.
Original post by han1all
That's the thing I was confused because I have looked at the module law and business law both do company law and business law. Still not sure if I should do law or business law , however I would like my career in business.

The only difference is that some modules which are optional on the LLB are compulsory on Business Law.

There is no advantage whatsoever in doing the Business Law. The better move would be to apply to the LLB and if you are still interested in business stuff after 1st year, build the same degree by picking those modules. Straight up LLB looks slightly better, too (arguably).
Reply 4
Original post by Trinculo
The only difference is that some modules which are optional on the LLB are compulsory on Business Law.

There is no advantage whatsoever in doing the Business Law. The better move would be to apply to the LLB and if you are still interested in business stuff after 1st year, build the same degree by picking those modules. Straight up LLB looks slightly better, too (arguably).

Yes I was thinking the same thing I might just do law as I got an offer from 4 of my choices, and most people with law degree go in business careers.
Reply 5
Original post by Trinculo

Thank You! Insightful advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending