The Student Room Group

ACA/ ICAS - 2nd Year

Hello folks,

Had a look through a few posts regarding accounting professional qualifications and they all seem to suggest that your 2nd year exams are hellish... Is it really that difficult?

I am graduating with a first expected in Accountancy and Finance, although am slightly worried due to experiencing severe exam anxiety. So many ACA/ICAS posts appear to make 2nd year look almost impossible, which is horrible given the exam fatigue that final year provides!
Reply 1
Original post by TomKing6
Hello folks,

Had a look through a few posts regarding accounting professional qualifications and they all seem to suggest that your 2nd year exams are hellish... Is it really that difficult?

I am graduating with a first expected in Accountancy and Finance, although am slightly worried due to experiencing severe exam anxiety. So many ACA/ICAS posts appear to make 2nd year look almost impossible, which is horrible given the exam fatigue that final year provides!

Not impossible, just a lot of hard work. My cousin got a first in A&F and failed, whilst my Mum did another degree and passed all the exams first time.
Reply 2
Original post by Euapp
Not impossible, just a lot of hard work. My cousin got a first in A&F and failed, whilst my Mum did another degree and passed all the exams first time.

Ive heard of quite a few people from A&F failing the exams... Is there a specific reason or is it just overconfidence?
Reply 3
Original post by TomKing6
Ive heard of quite a few people from A&F failing the exams... Is there a specific reason or is it just overconfidence?

In my cousin's case, there was a bit of that, but also the fact that she didn't have a full time course integrated into her contract, and had to work at clients whilst studying which made things harder. Both my Mum and my cousin trained with a big 4, but my cousin wasn't in London which might explain things.

Quick Reply

Latest