The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2021

hiii, if you’re going to cardiff this year let me know bc i wanna make some friends before we go, and what accom you guys are looking at:smile:

-i’ve firmed cardiff to study law and french
-i’m currently doing a level english literature, french and history
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by leilanijasminex
hiii, if you’re going to cardiff this year let me know bc i wanna make some friends before we go, and what accom you guys are looking at:smile:

Hi I’m going, I’m studying English lit & history, I’m looking at Howard gardens accom, I only live 25 mins from Cardiff so it’s not that new to me...
Reply 3

Hi! I’m gonna be studying French at Cardiff too :smile: I’m not sure what accommodation I want yet, it’s taking me ages to decide
I’ve firmed cardiff to study modern languages !!
Reply 5

Hi there, I am yet to receive an offer but once I do, I believe Cardiff will be my choice over anything. I am planning to study Shipping at Cardiff so wonder if I can find some friends there?

About accom, i'll prefer finding rented homes outside college campus as i want cardiff exposure and need to get out of my comfort zone. What about you?

Hi I've firmed Cardiff to study law and criminology and I'm doing a level history, rs, criminology and welsh bacc. I've picked my accommodation.
Reply 7
hi!i'm evie and i've just firmed Cardiff to study law and politics - what accommodation has everybody picked as I'm interested to know if I'll know some others around me :smile:
Original post by evielol
hi!i'm evie and i've just firmed Cardiff to study law and politics - what accommodation has everybody picked as I'm interested to know if I'll know some others around me :smile:

hi I've firmed Cardiff law and criminology and I've picked picked 11 accommodation as 10 was the minimum. The accommodation I put as my top 5 are Talybont, colum hall and clodien house.
Reply 9
Original post by x_cait13_x
hi I've firmed Cardiff law and criminology and I've picked picked 11 accommodation as 10 was the minimum. The accommodation I put as my top 5 are Talybont, colum hall and clodien house.

i put talybont court as my top along with clodien ! Submit reply
Original post by evielol
i put talybont court as my top along with clodien ! Submit reply

Hi, I’ve applied to do occupational therapy at cardiff. Not sure which accommodation but looking at Talybont :smile:)
Original post by bbbluck
Hi, I’ve applied to do occupational therapy at cardiff. Not sure which accommodation but looking at Talybont :smile:)

i live in talybont and found it great for meeting new people :yes:
Hi! I’ve firmed Cardiff to do Physics with Medical Physics in Sep! I’m also looking for a suitable accommodation but it seems that only one hall is near to the school of Physics.. Although I really hope I can join one of the school halls, I may consider private accommodation too:frown:
Hi! I’ve firmed Cardiff to do Pharmacy. Cant decide what accommodation to choose because I want the social side of talybont but also want a nicer room so might go private halls so I’m very mixed on what to do. Any advice?:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Elladavies04
Hi! I’ve firmed Cardiff to do Pharmacy. Cant decide what accommodation to choose because I want the social side of talybont but also want a nicer room so might go private halls so I’m very mixed on what to do. Any advice?:smile:

Definitely don't do private halls!
Original post by absolutelysprout
i live in talybont and found it great for meeting new people :yes:

How was the WiFi? I’ve applied to go there this year and I saw people saying the WiFi was bad
Original post by bbbluck
How was the WiFi? I’ve applied to go there this year and I saw people saying the WiFi was bad

i've had very few issues, it goes down very occassionally for like an hour or so and connecting to the wifi whilst in the laundry room can be a bit of a 'mare but i've found it pretty good overall. make sure you get an ethernet cable for your laptop though
Original post by Elladavies04

taly rooms aren't bad imo, worth it with the amount of people you do end up meeting. whilst there's probably a social side to private accom, i've heard some people in it have found it harder to meet people
it's really what you consider most important, private halls can often be cheaper or only a tiny bit more expensive for a much nicer room but the social life may be a bit different.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Didi Liu
Hi! I’ve firmed Cardiff to do Physics with Medical Physics in Sep! I’m also looking for a suitable accommodation but it seems that only one hall is near to the school of Physics.. Although I really hope I can join one of the school halls, I may consider private accommodation too:frown:

Hi! There is one specifically for Physics, Mathematics and Engineering students. They have private ones as well x
Ive firmed Cardiff for Urban Planning, and firmed University Halls!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending