The Student Room Group

Sociology and Btec health and social .....what other alevel subjects to pick.........

im sooo not sure what to be when im older lol but i acc dont know lol someone help pls......... thanks

any suggestions in what could i pick for the other subject thanks.....
Original post by casiee__xo
im sooo not sure what to be when im older lol but i acc dont know lol someone help pls......... thanks

What subjects interest you?
Biology, psychology, politics, statistics, environmental science...
Reply 2
Original post by glassalice
What subjects interest you?
Biology, psychology, politics, statistics, environmental science...

urmm im not sure but what combines well with sociology and health and social???

maybe law? idk if its right to choose it....

thanks

I do sociology and politics and I find that politics complements sociology really nicely. If you really don't know what you want to do it might be an idea to pick a science so you can keep your options open. A lot of science-related uni courses will only take you if you have a science a-level, so maybe biology?
Reply 4
Original post by emily.b02
I do sociology and politics and I find that politics complements sociology really nicely. If you really don't know what you want to do it might be an idea to pick a science so you can keep your options open. A lot of science-related uni courses will only take you if you have a science a-level, so maybe biology?

ahhh ok tanks but i do foundation sciences soo i cant do it because im predicted 3-3 so???
ahhh ok tanks but i do foundation sciences soo i cant do it because im predicted 3-3 so???

ah okay, obviously I can't speak for every college but most would want a 4 or a 5 in science for science a-levels. A lot of unis regard maths as a science subject - could that be a possibility? Of course you don't have to do a science if it doesn't appeal to you, but if you are looking to keep your options open for uni then I would recommend it. Things like social care apprenticeships wouldn't want specific a-levels if that's a possibility for you.

Quick Reply

Latest