The Student Room Group

Health and social

Guys, I need help I don't understand how I can start my assignment which is on " Analyse how, by implementing and following infection control policies and procedures, the health or social care organisation and workers help to prevent the transmission of infection".
Reply 1
Original post by gjessica
Guys, I need help I don't understand how I can start my assignment which is on " Analyse how, by implementing and following infection control policies and procedures, the health or social care organisation and workers help to prevent the transmission of infection".

Hi, what unit is this?
Reply 2
Original post by fxxs
Hi, what unit is this?

Unit 9

Hiya :smile:

Do you have the textbook for this unit?

They're asking you to look at what procedures and policies an organisation may follow, so say the NHS. For example, when a nurse needs to remove a cannula from a patient. What will they need to wear to prevent the transmission of infection from patient to patient? Another example is in an operating theatre staff must wear scrubs, this is to prevent transmission of infections and keeping the area sterile.

It might be worth scanning through this: https://www.candi.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/Infection%20Prevention%20and%20Control_Policy%20and%20Procedures_CL05_Jan%202018.pdf
Reply 4
Original post by Hazelly
Hiya :smile:

Do you have the textbook for this unit?

They're asking you to look at what procedures and policies an organisation may follow, so say the NHS. For example, when a nurse needs to remove a cannula from a patient. What will they need to wear to prevent the transmission of infection from patient to patient? Another example is in an operating theatre staff must wear scrubs, this is to prevent transmission of infections and keeping the area sterile.

It might be worth scanning through this: https://www.candi.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/Infection%20Prevention%20and%20Control_Policy%20and%20Procedures_CL05_Jan%202018.pdf

Thank you !!
Thank you !!

No worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending