The Student Room Group

UCL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

wagwarn to the thread. There still isnt many of us
Reply 21
Original post by peshwari
wagwarn to the thread. There still isnt many of us

Fr
Still , I think there's a lot more offers to send out . Hopefully it fills up soon
Reply 22
True, not many in this thread ..
Got my offer today ..
Original post by XalphaX
True, not many in this thread ..
Got my offer today ..

Congratulations! Are you thinking of putting UCL as your firm?
Reply 24
Undecided... wavering bet Camb & UCL...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 25
Is it just me or is everyone else supper excited to start uni?
I just want to fast forward these months and start already
Original post by MedRose18
Is it just me or is everyone else supper excited to start uni?
I just want to fast forward these months and start already

i'm so ready to move out
Original post by Anonymous_medic
Hi! You also hear back today?

Nah I heard back a week or so ago, but no one was on the thread so I didn't post yet 😂 did you hear back yesterday?
i'm so ready to move out

Same, I live in a super rural area so I wanna try living in a city even if I might be broke by the end of it 😜
Reply 29
Original post by tipexmaster25
Same, I live in a super rural area so I wanna try living in a city even if I might be broke by the end of it 😜

Love that attitude , words to live by
I'm actually an undergrad at UCL already, so can't wait to stay. Honestly, a great university can only recommend! Can only hope it stops being online though before next academic year...
I'm actually an undergrad at UCL already, so can't wait to stay. Honestly, a great university can only recommend! Can only hope it stops being online though before next academic year...

What's been the best/ worst bits for you so far, and any advice for us lot?
What's been the best/ worst bits for you so far, and any advice for us lot?

Honestly, initially, UCL was not my first choice but landed here by chance. Could not have been luckier. I really like UCL, the teaching style the staff etc. I personally think it is a really good balance of academic rigor (being a top 10 uni of the world) whilst still having a good social life. The teaching staff (at least in my department and division) really care about students and listen to us. The worst bit has been learning from home this year, but that's not really fair I guess because it has been hard for everyone...? Really love UCL in summary, if you have any specific questions happy to answer them :smile:. But all in all, as you can probably tell I couldn't hold UCL in higher esteem lol

Regarding advice; try to meet people early on. Everyone is really friendly and open at UCL and it is a close-knit community, so don't hold back!
(edited 3 years ago)
Honestly, initially, UCL was not my first choice but landed here by chance. Could not have been luckier. I really like UCL, the teaching style the staff etc. I personally think it is a really good balance of academic rigor (being a top 10 uni of the world) whilst still having a good social life. The teaching staff (at least in my department and division) really care about students and listen to us. The worst bit has been learning from home this year, but that's not really fair I guess because it has been hard for everyone...? Really love UCL in summary, if you have any specific questions happy to answer them :smile:. But all in all, as you can probably tell I couldn't hold UCL in higher esteem lol

Regarding advice; try to meet people early on. Everyone is really friendly and open at UCL and it is a close-knit community, so don't hold back!

Thats really reassuring to hear thank you! Ik your timetable has probably been a bit different with everything being online this year, but what does a typical working week look like for you? Like how many hours of lectures, how many free hours of your own revision etc., and what goes on in a typical day?

Also how did you find making friends with freshers week being online, did you still make friends in your accommodation?
Thats really reassuring to hear thank you! Ik your timetable has probably been a bit different with everything being online this year, but what does a typical working week look like for you? Like how many hours of lectures, how many free hours of your own revision etc., and what goes on in a typical day?

Also how did you find making friends with freshers week being online, did you still make friends in your accommodation?

1) You have to work a bit every day that’s for sure. Pre COVID id spend a portion of most days in the library. UCL (at least in my course), expects high academic standards and does expect us to work hard. Nonetheless the student body is very engaging, open and fun. That’s why, for me, I find it the great balance between academic rigor and good social life. Wednesdays they try to avoid having any classes (especially afternoon) because that is sports day.
2) How many hours of lectures and all that, that depends on the module and its weighting etc. if you give it a google it indicates how many hours roughly you are expected to spend on a module based on credit value and level.
3) it is very much independent learning. Think of it as an all you can eat buffet of knowledge but its down you to take it and make use of it. (hope the analogy works). So you will probably have tops (note this is not for a med degree) 5 hours lectures in a day (usually closer to 2-3) and the rest is independent study. Again this is not from a med degree experience so it could be different. Also you can have tutorials and other small group sessions that help a lot as well.
4) freshers is amazing. Cant comment on this year, and as a finalist im not in uni accommodation but living with friends ive made over the past three years. I heard its been harder but people have 'made-do'. Not really the best person to ask about this years freshers experience tbh.
1) You have to work a bit every day that’s for sure. Pre COVID id spend a portion of most days in the library. UCL (at least in my course), expects high academic standards and does expect us to work hard. Nonetheless the student body is very engaging, open and fun. That’s why, for me, I find it the great balance between academic rigor and good social life. Wednesdays they try to avoid having any classes (especially afternoon) because that is sports day.
2) How many hours of lectures and all that, that depends on the module and its weighting etc. if you give it a google it indicates how many hours roughly you are expected to spend on a module based on credit value and level.
3) it is very much independent learning. Think of it as an all you can eat buffet of knowledge but its down you to take it and make use of it. (hope the analogy works). So you will probably have tops (note this is not for a med degree) 5 hours lectures in a day (usually closer to 2-3) and the rest is independent study. Again this is not from a med degree experience so it could be different. Also you can have tutorials and other small group sessions that help a lot as well.
4) freshers is amazing. Cant comment on this year, and as a finalist im not in uni accommodation but living with friends ive made over the past three years. I heard its been harder but people have 'made-do'. Not really the best person to ask about this years freshers experience tbh.

could you share what course you. do rn
could you share what course you. do rn

I am a student in the Divison of Biosciences atm :smile:
heyyy got my offer on the 25th, anyone else thinking of firming ucl ?
just got my offer yesterday (i cant believe i didnt check my emails). still torn on whether i wanna stay in halls or go from home because staying in london is so expensive (i live in london anyway, so if i stayed in halls im only staying for the experience and not really convenience). how costly does it get?
(edited 3 years ago)

ahh thankyou! Thats really useful, it sounds great I'm excited ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending