The Student Room Group

Flors Fantastic Dash to top grades... a GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flors
I've already been rejected from 3 medical schools...my year is going amazingly well. But in other news got a B in my chemistry mock when I thought I got a literal U so win win. :/

Sorry to hear that, remember that this is just an experience that the most brightest of applicants go through, you are a hard working student, I’m so proud of you!

Those who didn’t get a rejected will have no experience of it, so later during med school years when they do deal with failure, or a rejection, they wouldn’t be able to handle it like you’re going to
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Sorry to hear that, remember that this is just an experience that the most brightest of applicants go through, you are a hard working student, I’m so proud of you!

Those who didn’t get a rejected will have no experience of it, so later during med school years when they do deal with failure, or a rejection, they wouldn’t be able to handle it like you’re going to

Thank you. I guess it's true it is just a learning experience but rejection is never nice. :smile:
Original post by Flors
Thank you. I guess it's true it is just a learning experience but rejection is never nice. :smile:

When you’re at your next interview, I’m pretty sure you’ll do well! Honestly, just keep going. It’s tough times, I definitely know. If you want to chat/vent or just want advice in general, hit up my pms :smile:
Reply 83
When you’re at your next interview, I’m pretty sure you’ll do well! Honestly, just keep going. It’s tough times, I definitely know. If you want to chat/vent or just want advice in general, hit up my pms :smile:

Thank you for this :smile:
Reply 84
Trying to decide which piece of work I should submit at 12am. :cool:
Reply 85
Back to submitting at 12am. Also I would like to petition that universities stop sending emails telling me that's they're still considering my application with taglines like. Your application to study... pLeAsE I have a heart attack every time I see those emails.
Original post by Flors
Back to submitting at 12am. Also I would like to petition that universities stop sending emails telling me that's they're still considering my application with taglines like. Your application to study... pLeAsE I have a heart attack every time I see those emails.

Why was this so flipping relatable 😂😂😂
Reply 87
Why was this so flipping relatable 😂😂😂

They enjoy my pain too much :biggrin:
Original post by Flors
They enjoy my pain too much :biggrin:

I felt that spiritually 🥺
Reply 89
I felt that spiritually 🥺

:redface:
Original post by Flors
:redface:

How’s revision coming along
Reply 91
How’s revision coming along

Decent I think? As soon as schools open we're doing mocks. It feels even harder to revise at home but I'm just going through the exam questions in the cgp revision guide and its exam practice books. I get swamped with so much work even though I'm at home. Every lesson a load of exam questions are set. I'm doing some papers for maths that I didn't complete earlier on in the year.

How about you?
Original post by Flors
Decent I think? As soon as schools open we're doing mocks. It feels even harder to revise at home but I'm just going through the exam questions in the cgp revision guide and its exam practice books. I get swamped with so much work even though I'm at home. Every lesson a load of exam questions are set. I'm doing some papers for maths that I didn't complete earlier on in the year.

How about you?

Ah, that’s quite unfortunate. We do online exams, so even more stress. That’s good, I’m doing past paper questions/ text book questions too. I’m doing fine, I guess :smile:
Reply 93
Ah, that’s quite unfortunate. We do online exams, so even more stress. That’s good, I’m doing past paper questions/ text book questions too. I’m doing fine, I guess :smile:

I've only done one online exam and I get what you mean about stress. Mine wasn't over video but we had to submit our work and answers in after. It was more the worry that the teachers might think I've cheated if anything that stressed me out.

Nice that you're doing well x :smile:

I'm chilling now and just watching Line of Duty before I start some other work.
Original post by Flors
I've only done one online exam and I get what you mean about stress. Mine wasn't over video but we had to submit our work and answers in after. It was more the worry that the teachers might think I've cheated if anything that stressed me out.

Nice that you're doing well x :smile:

I'm chilling now and just watching Line of Duty before I start some other work.

Which work :smile:
Reply 95
Which work :smile:

Maths exercises... so much fun:redface:
Original post by Flors
Maths exercises... so much fun:redface:

lol relatable, did mix exercise 3 from stats book
Reply 97
lol relatable, did mix exercise 3 from stats book

I'm doing a few exercises from chapter 10 in the year 2 book. :smile:
I still hate stats now :s-smilie:
Original post by Flors
I'm doing a few exercises from chapter 10 in the year 2 book. :smile:
I still hate stats now :s-smilie:

niceee x
I hate normal distribution with passion :frown:
Reply 99
niceee x
I hate normal distribution with passion :frown:

Jeez I know, I literally used to only revise pure and mechanics and never revise stats because of how much I hate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending