The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Queen's and Ulster Uni Applicants?

Anyone here applying to study Adult Nursing at QUB or UU this year, either Sep 21 or Feb 22 intakes?

What are your thoughts on the new process for shortlisting and interviewing? :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by aoifs21
Anyone here applying to study Adult Nursing at QUB or UU this year, either Sep 21 or Feb 22 intakes?

What are your thoughts on the new process for shortlisting and interviewing? :smile:

Hi yes applied midwifery and nursing queens sept and feb. Sounds interesting doesn’t it!? Especially with everyone getting an interview. It’s my first cycle but I’ve lots of friends who’ve been through it. I found the unis not looking at personal statements this year strange. Are you awaiting exam results or are you applying meeting the criteria already?
Reply 2
Original post by Rainbow03
Hi yes applied midwifery and nursing queens sept and feb. Sounds interesting doesn’t it!? Especially with everyone getting an interview. It’s my first cycle but I’ve lots of friends who’ve been through it. I found the unis not looking at personal statements this year strange. Are you awaiting exam results or are you applying meeting the criteria already?

I already meet the criteria, this will be my second bachelors degree. I'm not sure how i feel about it because i sort of wish they would take my previous experiences into account, because i'm not fantastic at interviews😂

It's going to be so strange doing a virtual interview too- not great for those of us with terrible countryside internet connections lol.
Are you awaiting any results? And hopefully we will get our interview dates soon! I've applied for the Sept intake.
Original post by aoifs21
I already meet the criteria, this will be my second bachelors degree. I'm not sure how i feel about it because i sort of wish they would take my previous experiences into account, because i'm not fantastic at interviews😂

It's going to be so strange doing a virtual interview too- not great for those of us with terrible countryside internet connections lol.
Are you awaiting any results? And hopefully we will get our interview dates soon! I've applied for the Sept intake.

That’s good you’ve met the criteria already. I have a degree but it’s not within the 5 year timescale they look for so I’m finishing up a access course which to be honest has been good to brush up on those essay skills etc
Yes I would be happy doing a face to face interview also think it’s more personable and would come across better, sometimes feel like I’m shouting or talking to fast on zoom etc but I suppose we’re all in the same boat ! I think if the connection is bad they understand,with this sonru system they’re using apparently you get to check the WiFi etc before. I just want the interview done but I don’t fancy the wait and checking emails after !
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Rainbow03
That’s good you’ve met the criteria already. I have a degree but it’s not within the 5 year timescale they look for so I’m finishing up a access course which to be honest has been good to brush up on those essay skills etc
Yes I would be happy doing a face to face interview also think it’s more personable and would come across better, sometimes feel like I’m shouting or talking to fast on zoom etc but I suppose we’re all in the same boat ! I think if the connection is bad they understand,with this sonru system they’re using apparently you get to check the WiFi etc before. I just want the interview done but I don’t fancy the wait and checking emails after !

I'd say the Access Course would be really good to get you into the swing of things and gets you in a good mindset.

I contemplated doing the MSc course that Queens offers but honestly i think it would be far too intense.

Yeah i have awful internet so im a bit worried about how its going to work. It's not like i can just go to a friend's house and use their internet since it's lockdown!

I know it seems the NI unis take a lot longer than the English unis are with their students. It's all a waiting game over here😂
Original post by aoifs21
I'd say the Access Course would be really good to get you into the swing of things and gets you in a good mindset.

I contemplated doing the MSc course that Queens offers but honestly i think it would be far too intense.

Yeah i have awful internet so im a bit worried about how its going to work. It's not like i can just go to a friend's house and use their internet since it's lockdown!

I know it seems the NI unis take a lot longer than the English unis are with their students. It's all a waiting game over here😂

Oh yeh I can imagine the MSc would be full on condensed down. I know does feel like the English uni’s are handing all their offers out, I suppose because there’s only the few uni’s here offering nursing the competition is high and just takes time. It’s my first cycle but from what I hear it can take a few tries so we’ll see. At least it says emails will start coming out during Feb , not too long now 🤞
Hi, I have applied to QUB nursing too, not sure about the interview this year I done MMI last year online and it was awful, was hoping for face to face this year but this is actually worse 😢
Original post by Kathryn zach
Hi, I have applied to QUB nursing too, not sure about the interview this year I done MMI last year online and it was awful, was hoping for face to face this year but this is actually worse 😢

Whats your experience from the mmi o never done one as when I first applied for queen's it was just interviews no mmi they make me nervous though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending