The Student Room Group

Groningen Medicine Applicants Entry 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by papadakimarianna
Hello guys! I have one urgent question! What information did you complete in the portfolio??

What do you mean? Just answer the questions, surely?
I think that previous years they would ask more about the high school diploma, the grades, language certificates, CV etc.
Now besides the private information questions I saw only the top class achievement question
Original post by an4n4s_s
um hi. what pdf ?

Original post by papadakimarianna
I think that previous years they would ask more about the high school diploma, the grades, language certificates, CV etc.
Now besides the private information questions I saw only the top class achievement question

same and I don’t really know what to classify as top class achievements 😭
hey, when I'm trying to go through the portfolio, it says that the signature is mandatory on the 'second page' (attachment), but I did sign in the box, so I don't really know what the problem is, has any of you had something similar and knows what to do?
Original post by VanillaCream
hey, when I'm trying to go through the portfolio, it says that the signature is mandatory on the 'second page' (attachment), but I did sign in the box, so I don't really know what the problem is, has any of you had something similar and knows what to do?

pls, does anyone know what I can do/had a similar issue? ://
pls, does anyone know what I can do/had a similar issue? ://

im sorry i havent had this issue but please email them as soon as possible
send a screenshot as evidence as well
Original post by stressandpain
im sorry i havent had this issue but please email them as soon as possible
send a screenshot as evidence as well

okay, weirdly, I realised what's wrong - I had to do it with a touchpad and not the touch screen, for some reason, although it was signed, it kinda didn't accept it until I did it with the touchpad haha so everything solved now!
anyway, thanks hahah
hey, I wanted to ask you guys for advice (and maybe some of you will find this helpful as well). as I was thinking of what I could put as my top class achievement, I thought of the participating in the national Geography Olympiad this year and last year (last year I only got to the 'regional', not national stage, I don't know about this year, though, as the results of the 'regional' stage aren't released yet)

do you think that's suitable? what have you put in there?
Hey does anybody know how they implement the "Elaboration of the different competence domains" like the normal text was okey and i could imagine how they ask question about the doctor of the future, but the 17 sites of comparison between Bachelor and Master is so weird and i have no clue what they gonne do with this. Am i the only one or does anybody have an idea what we could expect ?
Original post by Leg4Deff
Hey does anybody know how they implement the "Elaboration of the different competence domains" like the normal text was okey and i could imagine how they ask question about the doctor of the future, but the 17 sites of comparison between Bachelor and Master is so weird and i have no clue what they gonne do with this. Am i the only one or does anybody have an idea what we could expect ?

I guess they could give us different scenarios to judge and in some we are bachelor graduates and in others master?
And maybe we have to answer based on our role. I'm confused about that too, but I guess we will see
hey, I wanted to ask you guys for advice (and maybe some of you will find this helpful as well). as I was thinking of what I could put as my top class achievement, I thought of the participating in the national Geography Olympiad this year and last year (last year I only got to the 'regional', not national stage, I don't know about this year, though, as the results of the 'regional' stage aren't released yet)

do you think that's suitable? what have you put in there?

To fill this part, you need an achievement on a national level. So even if you have participated in the national Geography Olympiad, you have to be at least third nationally. Something along these lines. But I guess not many people have an achievement on national or even global level, so I think you don't need to think about it that much?
Also, during the practice sessions some people asked about Grammarly and if we can use it. As far as I know the questions were not answered (maybe the host didn't know what Grammarly was?)
What's your opinion? Do you think they could detect it if we use it?
I wanted to use it if it was possible, but I think it's risky so I won't. And I think it's kind of cheating because they also test us on our correct use and vocabulary.
Original post by annatsxx
Also, during the practice sessions some people asked about Grammarly and if we can use it. As far as I know the questions were not answered (maybe the host didn't know what Grammarly was?)
What's your opinion? Do you think they could detect it if we use it?
I wanted to use it if it was possible, but I think it's risky so I won't. And I think it's kind of cheating because they also test us on our correct use and vocabulary.

they answered and they said it’s not allowed
Original post by oana1389
they answered and they said it’s not allowed

Thanks for letting me know! :tongue:
has everyone received their link for the selection?

I haven't. Wbu?

edit: just checked and they have sent the invitation
(edited 3 years ago)
I email them and asked if there was any practice test available, i knew what they were going to say but it was still worth a try. does anyone know anyone that has taken the test before. They were just so vague about what they are actually going to test us on and its in a few days so im terrified.

No i checked everything but i didnt get a massage and im pretty sure that i did everything right.
Original post by Leg4Deff
No i checked everything but i didnt get a massage and im pretty sure that i did everything right.

did you look for it at your regular email or the RUG one?
did you look for it at your regular email or the RUG one?

I´m in my googleapps.rug.nl email and i did not received anything, just a "In de voetsporen van Aletta Jacobs" advertisment or smt. maybe they send it tomorrow

Edit: I have received the email
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending