The Student Room Group

Gaming While in Uni?

Hi there, I'm going to start Uni this year, but I want to buy a ps5, or maybe a ps4. my mom says that it's a waste of time, do you people think so too, or is it fine to buy it.
i think it would depend on your work load and how easily distracted you are. if your course allows for a reasonable amount of free time i see no problem with it as long as you don't let it keep you up all night if you have class early the next morning etc. it can be a nice way to reward yourself to keep you motivated plus you can watch tv and stuff off them so why not if you just wanna watch a movie sometimes too! if you think you'll spend more time on the console than studying it probably might be best not to take one with you though!
Original post by gdennant
i think it would depend on your work load and how easily distracted you are. if your course allows for a reasonable amount of free time i see no problem with it as long as you don't let it keep you up all night if you have class early the next morning etc. it can be a nice way to reward yourself to keep you motivated plus you can watch tv and stuff off them so why not if you just wanna watch a movie sometimes too! if you think you'll spend more time on the console than studying it probably might be best not to take one with you though!

Fair enough. I'll postpone gaming as I will be studying Architecture lol. Thank you for the reply at this hour haha
Original post by YaBoYDevilman
Hi there, I'm going to start Uni this year, but I want to buy a ps5, or maybe a ps4. my mom says that it's a waste of time, do you people think so too, or is it fine to buy it.

Unless you’re going oxbridge first year won’t be THAT bad. I’m thinking about getting a ps5 once I get to uni too but I’d have to juggle gym and a job along with uni. It isn’t a bad thing as long as you play with other people you go lectures and **** with and make friends.

And tbh if you’re not running a kdr above a 1.4 just leave the console at home😭😭😭
Original post by Aryaman29
Unless you’re going oxbridge first year won’t be THAT bad. I’m thinking about getting a ps5 once I get to uni too but I’d have to juggle gym and a job along with uni. It isn’t a bad thing as long as you play with other people you go lectures and **** with and make friends.

And tbh if you’re not running a kdr above a 1.4 just leave the console at home😭😭😭

Lmao same. I keep thinking to myself that I'll be able to manage myself with both studying working and working out and that I'll have time to play, but I have trouble getting myself to do google classroom work.
If it's only uni, then you're good. If you've also got a job, I would think again although it would still probably be fine in 1st year.
Reply 6
I’m an LSE student and had my PS4 and PC in my accom for first year and I made it just fine to second year. I think you should be good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest