The Student Room Group

Seeing a white Guy

So to give prospective I’m a girl from strict-ish religious brown household and I’ve started talking to a white non Muslim guy. The issue is I’m scared of it progressing because in the long run idk how it would ever work out! Like he’s such a nice good looking guy! Has anyone kinda gone through the same thing ?

Scroll to see replies

Hundreds of millions of ppl all over the world "go through this" tho' u could think of this more positively like u r bringing a new dimension to both ur life and his.

Nothing is more fun and satisfying than developing a rel with someone from a difft culture and learning from them.

btw the nonmuslim white guy may rlly know how to have fun u will enjoy lol! :wink:
Reply 2
You are a girl talking to a nice good-looking guy. End of.

Once you are an adult you can make your own decisions, anyway.
if you like him, go for it! i don’t see why it would be a problem but then again im not religious so I’m not educated on that part haha! if he’s nice and good looking then why not pursue a relationship?
Reply 4
Original post by baby.bear
if you like him, go for it! i don’t see why it would be a problem but then again im not religious so I’m not educated on that part haha! if he’s nice and good looking then why not pursue a relationship?

Well being a Muslim I’m celibate and essentially I think it’s important to have sex in a relationship. Also I’m waiting for marriage so idk how to even deal with the situation! Also down the line when it comes to marriage I cannot marry out of my faith
Original post by Anonymous
Well being a Muslim I’m celibate and essentially I think it’s important to have sex in a relationship. Also I’m waiting for marriage so idk how to even deal with the situation! Also down the line when it comes to marriage I cannot marry out of my faith

Ah okay! Well a lot of people wait till marriage to have sex so I’m sure if you explained that, he wouldn’t mind! It’s tricky because you cannot marry outside of your faith so this boy may think it’s pointless to pursue a relationship with you if it isn’t going to progress further. It’s tricky!
I dated a British Muslim girl who's family would really disapproved, but I just said my family was Turkish and I was a non practicing Muslim. I was young at the time and probably wouldn't do something like that now, but the girl I dated was so hot and we had great fun. She ended up moving away and then married a Pakistan Muslim
Also down the line when it comes to marriage I cannot marry out of my faith

Why?
Original post by RogerOxon
Why?

OP is Muslim :smile:
Original post by Scottishflavour
I dated a British Muslim girl who's family would really disapproved, but I just said my family was Turkish and I was a non practicing Muslim. I was young at the time and probably wouldn't do something like that now, but the girl I dated was so hot and we had great fun. She ended up moving away and then married a Pakistan Muslim

British muslim girls r hott! Too bad she moved...
Trust you gut instinct, listen to what your feelings are telling you and do what makes you happy. :smile:
But put your own safety and welfare first if your family are very strict about religion or have a family tradition of arranged marriages to relatives.
Many traditionalists will react in a very hostile way to young descendants and relatives choosing to opt out of long standing family traditions.
This has happened within my own family tree.

My best friend is a follower of the liberal shia islamic sect led by the aga khan, she has dated guys of all different nationalities & religious beliefs.
Her family welcome friends and dates of all backgrounds and support interfaith marriage- for sons & daughters.
My own mother was almost beaten to death and disinherited by her ultra-traditionalist religious family when she told them that she was going to marry an atheist.
Original post by RogerOxon
Why?

The cultural traditionalists, religious fundamentalists and hardliners are often totally committed to endogamy- for themselves & all family members.
This can apply to caste, racial ancestry, tribe, religion/religious sect, nationality and arranged marriages to relatives.
Often people have to choose between obeying family traditions and complying with the demands of their ancestors & faith leaders or being disowned/disinherited and losing all positive interaction with everyone that they lived with growing up forever.
@londonmyst My goodness that's awful for ur mom :s-smilie: I should be glad the negs I got for meeting my master when I was so young were just some muttering negging and disapproval and occasional internet abuse.

The endogamy thing is absolutely the sure sign of the most restrictive cultural trads. Even less ironclad cultures can eventually accept extra-faith rels and marriages with hard work but wat u describe is severely hardcore. I s'pose those same fam members don't xactly take with enthusiasm to ur dating life either :mad:
Original post by Scottishflavour

98% of Pakistani females don't date white guys

Also Pakistani guys would literally man handle white boys all over the northern towns for trying to talk to Pakistani girls

Pakistanis are generally tough and violent
i’m in the same position as you. i really love this guy i’m just scared to bring him to meet my family as i know they won’t approve because he is a white non muslim. that’s the only reason me and him aren’t married yet . he’s told me he will convert but obviously i’m still scared as i too have a strict household. if anyone can help out with this problem id appreciate it
Original post by PakistaniPimp123
Pakistani girls by 98% don't date white boys. Also Pakistani guys would man handle white boys all across northern towns for talking to their women. This is why grooming gangs exist of white females

Maybe... I'm a nonwhite female tho...
So to give prospective I’m a girl from strict-ish religious brown household and I’ve started talking to a white non Muslim guy. The issue is I’m scared of it progressing because in the long run idk how it would ever work out! Like he’s such a nice good looking guy! Has anyone kinda gone through the same thing ?

I get being involved in a strict religious family is hard, but it's your life, and you should be able to create your own memories and life experiences without your parents on your shoulders.
If you like the guy, go for it.
Race / colour of skin shouldn't matter when it comes to feelings for someone.
Ah, situations, situations.
Reply 18

It is your life. Doesn't matter what other people think.
Original post by candydiva
British muslim girls r hott! Too bad she moved...

:wtf:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending