The Student Room Group

Mphil Sociology Applicants:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobbybrays00
At this point, I think we are going to hear back starting next week. :smile:

I think you are probably right. Assuming that they made some decisions on progress during that meeting it would probably take them until Monday until these are finalised and communicated. Could be wrong but seems most realistic.
Reply 41
The weird thing is that people who applied for Archeology/Anthropology (same degree committee as sociology) already got responses so I'm not sure whether the degree committee meeting is relevant for applicants or only for people who are currently on the course and have to graduate.
Next to zero ways to know what's going on :smile:)
Before applying, I got in touch with a faculty member I'm especially interested in working with. I'd say their response was somewhat positive and that they said they looked forward to seeing my entire application. However, I didn't send a follow up email after submitting my official application which I'm now thinking I should've. There's no point emailing them now, is there? I'm just freaking out they forgot about our brief correspondence and I want to remind them somehow??
Updated Portal today and I am currently awaiting approval by GAO on the Media and Culture pathway.
Still no portal update for me (Political and Economic pathway)
Original post by CCSociology
Updated Portal today and I am currently awaiting approval by GAO on the Media and Culture pathway.

Congrats! So I’m guessing this is a good sign!? Did anyone else portal change ?

Hey congratulations!! Did you mention a prospective supervisor jn your application?
Reply 48

Congratulations! When did you apply?
Reply 49
Original post by Bobbybrays00
Congrats! So I’m guessing this is a good sign!? Did anyone else portal change ?

Also just moved to GAO for media and culture! I submitted on 2/12
Original post by goldhazel
Hey congratulations!! Did you mention a prospective supervisor jn your application?

Yes, however I had no contact with him before applying.
Original post by MS6798
Congratulations! When did you apply?

At the start of December
Reply 52
Was just moved to GAO (PhD applicant)!
Original post by Birke

Congrats!
I just moved to under review by degree committee for Marginality and Exclusion. Anyone experience the same?
Original post by jonnyiw
I just moved to under review by degree committee for Marginality and Exclusion. Anyone experience the same?

Nothing for me.
Reply 56
nothing for me either ( political and economic pathway)
I just moved to GAO. Took less than 1 hour after degree committee. I'll believe it when the offer comes through....
Were you invited to an interview before getting GAO status?
Original post by Birke

Were you invited to an interview before your status changed to GAO?

Quick Reply