The Student Room Group

st olaves entrance exam 2021

Hello, i’m in year 11 and i’m taking the st olaves entrance exam on the 26th of feb, is anyone else doing it too?
or any entrance exams in general :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m doing biology chemistry and RS as my a levels and physics as my AS subjects 😅 what about you?
Reply 2
Original post by lmaowhytho
i'm doing biology, chemistry, maths A level and RS as! what group are you in for the test?

i’m in group yellow A in the sports hall, what about you? and wow our choices are so similar! are you interested in going into medicine/dentistry at all?
Reply 3
you too! have you applied to newstead?
Original post by abbiii._
you too! have you applied to newstead?

does newstead have an entrance exam? and do you guys know whether or not there’s past papers available for some of the st olaves entrance exams? they’d be of huge help!! thank you
Reply 5
i thought newstead would have one but they haven’t put anything on their website so at this point idk, if there is i’m sure the revision i’m doing for olaves will help
as far as sample papers, let me tell you, i’ve searched everywhere and found NONE for olaves, but i did find some past papers for other schools that do entrance exams. olaves seems to be the only school who does multiple choice but i’ve been practicing using these papers and its all good practice :smile:
how are you revising for the exams?
Original post by lmaowhytho
i'm doing biology, chemistry, maths A level and RS as! what group are you in for the test?

Same!
Reply 7
how have you guys been preparing? it’s kind of hard to know what exactly to do since everyone’s at different points but i just revised as much of the course as i could. especially for RS
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
also are any of you doing triple science for gcse?
also are any of you doing triple science for gcse?

yes! and i haven’t really revised anything since my subjects are essay based, idk how to prepare - english, history, econ
Reply 10
Original post by kelrasheed
yes! and i haven’t really revised anything since my subjects are essay based, idk how to prepare - english, history, econ

that’s how i am rn with RS, technically they can’t ask anything that requires specific GCSE knowledge as not everyone who does RS a level would’ve done it at gcse which is something i’m trying to keep in mind - as far as prep goes though i’ve just been using normal revision techniques
what are you doing for AS?
that’s how i am rn with RS, technically they can’t ask anything that requires specific GCSE knowledge as not everyone who does RS a level would’ve done it at gcse which is something i’m trying to keep in mind - as far as prep goes though i’ve just been using normal revision techniques

how are you revising for science? like are you revising the whole of paper 1 and paper 2 for all 3 sciences?? and what about maths?
Reply 12
i’m not doing maths so idk but for science i’m not doing too much of paper 2 not everyone has learned it all so they can’t ask, wbu?

classical civilisation lol, so i don’t think i can really revise anything at all - i’ll just go in there & hope i do well
Reply 14
classical civilisation lol, so i don’t think i can really revise anything at all - i’ll just go in there & hope i do well

is olaves your first choice?
is olaves your first choice?

i’d prefer newstead wood tbh, but st olaves would probably come 2nd, & then a few other easy grammar schools as safety options, hbu?
Reply 16
olaves then newstead for me, and then a few other schools in no particular order and then my school - so are you not doing any revision for your subjects then?

i’d prefer newstead wood tbh, but st olaves would probably come 2nd, & then a few other easy grammar schools as safety options, hbu?
olaves then newstead for me, and then a few other schools in no particular order and then my school - so are you not doing any revision for your subjects then?

nope, well it’s only st olaves i have the test for anyways & idk how i’m supposed to revise, so i’ll just go there on the day & hope i do well enough in comparison to the other students. What are your predicted grades like?
Reply 18
fair enough that’s my plan for RS, there’s not much i can revise there
my predicted grades range from 7 to 9 in everything and i got a 9 in RS chem and physics in my mocks which is good since i’m doing those subjects an a level/AS
what about you, what are your grades like?
I am doing the entrance test on the 26th of Feb as well. I am in Group Yellow B. I chose Further Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Economics.Unfortunately, I didn't pick economics for GCSE so could someone give me some tips or advice for the economics test.And is the Computer science test just algorithms and coding or is there any theory in it as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending