The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Classics MPhil Cambridge

Has anyone else applied for the Classics MPhil at Cambridge? I would love to hear about any experiences/ timelines? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by larkspurs
Has anyone else applied for the Classics MPhil at Cambridge? I would love to hear about any experiences/ timelines? :smile:

hey! I applied! I was interviewed early in January. My status didn't change from 'under review by the department', so I'm quite negative about it. What about you?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by blainedilauren
hey! I applied! I was interviewed early in January. My status didn't change from 'under review by the department', so I'm quite negative about it. What about you?

I did the same, and my status hasn't changed either! Maybe that means it is normal?
I did the same, and my status hasn't changed either! Maybe that means it is normal?

Hope so! How did your interview go?
Reply 4
Hope so! How did your interview go?

I have no idea to be honest! I felt that a lot of the questions were tough though. What about you?
I have no idea to be honest! I felt that a lot of the questions were tough though. What about you?

Yeah same! Some questions were tough, others quite easy, and by the end of it I had mixed feelings about it
Reply 6
Yeah same! Some questions were tough, others quite easy, and by the end of it I had mixed feelings about it

I don't feel confident at all, but at least I'm not the only one who hasn't heard!
I don't feel confident at all, but at least I'm not the only one who hasn't heard

yeah let's keep our fingers crossed! Have you applied to Oxford too?
Reply 8
yeah let's keep our fingers crossed! Have you applied to Oxford too?

Yeah, MSt in Greek/Roman History! You?
Yeah, MSt in Greek/Roman History! You?

good luck with that :smile: I applied to the MSt in Greek/ Latin Languages and Literature

Hi! I've applied as well. I had my interview 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since so feeling quite nervous
Reply 11
good luck with that :smile: I applied to the MSt in Greek/ Latin Languages and Literature

Sounds exciting!
Reply 12
Original post by eimantar
Hi! I've applied as well. I had my interview 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since so feeling quite nervous

I'm pretty sure that's all of us, I wouldn't worry!
has anybody reached GAO stage/ degree committee stage?
Reply 14
has anybody reached GAO stage/ degree committee stage?

Nope, have you?
Nope, have you?

Nope :frown:
my friend and I just received our offers via email so I think they're sending them out slowly! good luck everyone!
Reply 17
Original post by eimantar
my friend and I just received our offers via email so I think they're sending them out slowly! good luck everyone!

I got mine too! No funding though, but I'm still so pleased!
I got mine too! No funding though, but I'm still so pleased!

Same! I didn't get funding either. Congratulations!!
Hey everyone,

Congrats! I got an offer too. When do you think we'll hear who our supervisor is? Would that be in the official offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending