The Student Room Group

Sciences Po undergraduate 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jeanniceau
no way which campus u apply for? half french half british also and did interview this past week

Reims. Oh how did it go? Did you have to prepare a lot before. I submitted it about 2 weeks ago so i'm still waiting to see if i get an interview.
Original post by omardaya
Reims. Oh how did it go? Did you have to prepare a lot before. I submitted it about 2 weeks ago so i'm still waiting to see if i get an interview.

Not too much preparation... Mainly just make sure you are up to date with current affairs and you can discuss them if asked and youll be fine
Not too much preparation... Mainly just make sure you are up to date with current affairs and you can discuss them if asked and youll be fine

What kind of current affairs were you asked about?
Original post by Anonymous
What kind of current affairs were you asked about?

nothing in particular. But in the image analysis if you bring up a current affair, they will test your knowledge on it. So only talk about stuff you know about.

Ah ok but dont they ask about stuff you've done and why you want to go to Sciences Po
Ah ok but dont they ask about stuff you've done and why you want to go to Sciences Po

yh but for me at least that was at the end and it was literally one question about my hobbies for a few min... the main focus of the interview is the image analysis... and the 30 minutes goes by a lot quicker than you'd expect..
yh but for me at least that was at the end and it was literally one question about my hobbies for a few min... the main focus of the interview is the image analysis... and the 30 minutes goes by a lot quicker than you'd expect..

Ah ok thanks, thats really helpful.
Something about the interview:
Basically it was a free flow discussion, like a political conversation between two peers , they were asking me questions based on my answers. I was given a random image about a village, they don’t really repeat images so there is nothing you can prepare for. I talked about urbanisation, empowerment, revolution, climate change, and capitalism (because two people were trading something). So i specified on these elements

So i was asked follow ups on these like- Urbanisation and pros and cons,if I favour living in a village or an urban city, climate change impacts, coronavirus boon and bane to india, capitalist regime, US relation to capitalism, and how China is a Pseudo Capitalist state and about United States of America and Chinese trade war.

Then it came to my campus. All my friends have been asked the question “why le havre/why Menton/why reims question”..likewise they asked me where my Interest comes from in Middle East politics as I'm applying to Menton
Then they asked follow ups like how was USA unilateralism shown in Iraq-Kuwait war involving Saddam Hussain, and that were the economic sanctions put by UN justified

Just don’t be scared. Be confident. It’s very free flowing and it’s not about right or wrong. Show them you’re strongly an opinionated personality. And please please remember, confident is the key :smile: Hope we all get in guys!!
Hi!I submitted my application on 8 Jan, and haven't recieved any updates on the interview...What about y'all?When did you apply and have ya'll gotten any updates about the interviews, yet?
Hi!
I submitted my application on 8 Jan, and haven't recieved any updates on the interview...
What about you?
When did you apply and have you gotten any updates about the interviews, yet?
Hi! Has anyone from the first round (applied before 27 December) been admitted? According to the website decisions came out around 15 February, so I'm a bit surprised no one posted anything😅
What a good day to get rejected! Perhaps it's for the best. Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by jaunear14s
What a good day to get rejected! Perhaps it's for the best. Good luck everyone

Oh no. Im really sorry. Well I hope you get into another good uni or even a better one.
How much time does it usually take to get an interview after submitting the application? Can anyone tell me?
Reply 94
Hey, if any of you have AP/SAT Subject scores, do you mind sharing? I couldn’t find the required scores etc. on the Sciences Po’s website, and trying to understand the average scores expected.
About a month or so (at least 25 days but they usually don t take more than 40 days)
Has anyone had the interview, I have it next week and I am stressed about it. Do any of you have any tips and also what sort of questions do they ask you other than the picture related ones?
Reply 97
Has anyone had the interview, I have it next week and I am stressed about it. Do any of you have any tips and also what sort of questions do they ask you other than the picture related ones?

most of you interview will stem from the picture analysis, so what you say there usually sets the tone for the rest of the questions. remember that you will be guiding the direction the interview takes so its quite unlikely that they ask you something you don't know. but they might ask you about current affairs (I got asked about the coup in Myanmar) so stay updated on events in the coming week. and just be honest, say what you believe, explain your perspective to them, and you'll be good. its more so about your thinking than it is about facts. feel free to pm me if you have any other questions! hope this helps; all the best!
(ps: I know it's hard to believe but it'll be easier and shorter than you think so don't stress out too much)
Rejected. Best of luck to the others!
Reply 99
are there any international students who've applied to a french-language campus? what lang was your interview in? thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending