The Student Room Group

What protien shake to buy?

Im a skinny guy looking to get bigger but im not tottally sure which protien shake to get and was kinda overwhelmed by the choices

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hdisososb
Im a skinny guy looking to get bigger but im not tottally sure which protien shake to get and was kinda overwhelmed by the choices

I went through a similar situation, listen to me and go with ON Pro Gainer OR one stop extreme ( 47g of carbs with almost no added sugars ). We can speak on Instagram if you need further help.
Original post by AmmarZ07
I went through a similar situation, listen to me and go with ON Pro Gainer OR one stop extreme ( 47g of carbs with almost no added sugars ). We can speak on Instagram if you need further help.

Oh ok thanks,btw u live in birmingham?
Oh ok thanks,btw u live in birmingham?

No problem happy to help.
No actually I’m an international student coming to Glasgow soon.
No problem happy to help.
No actually I’m an international student coming to Glasgow soon.

Ohh ok lol i do have more questions tho. Whats ur insta?
Myprotein, are u lactose intolerant?
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Myprotein, are u lactose intolerant?

Yeah i am actually
Yeah i am actually

Impact whey isolate from myprotein. Also if you're skinny, you have to eat in a caloric surplus to gain weight.
Impact whey isolate from myprotein. Also if you're skinny, you have to eat in a caloric surplus to gain weight.

Whey isolate isn’t going to work, he MUST go with a protein that contains some carbohydrates ( not sugar based ).

Also, I’ve tried Myprotein smooth chocolate and it was a nightmare, the worst taste I’ve ever had, couldn’t believe I finished it
I need some information from you to confirm which protein you need. So, contact me and we will see 👍🏻
Whey isolate isn’t going to work, he MUST go with a protein that contains some carbohydrates ( not sugar based ).

Also, I’ve tried Myprotein smooth chocolate and it was a nightmare, the worst taste I’ve ever had, couldn’t believe I finished it

No he does not HAVE to go with a protein powder with some random carb source thrown in. He can get carbs from more nutritious sources. Protein and carbs are 2 different things my friend.

I have tried myprotein chocolate brownie it was very nice much better than ONs double chocolate.

i agree, smooth chocolate tastes crap 😂😂
No he does not HAVE to go with a protein powder with some random carb source thrown in. He can get carbs from more nutritious sources. Protein and carbs are 2 different things my friend.

I have tried myprotein chocolate brownie it was very nice much better than ONs double chocolate.

Who said he should go with some random carb source thrown in? There are types of protein which identifies which sources they get the carb from.

As a guy who went through similar situation, I need some information from him to confirm which type he needs, this is not something I’m just trying on him, I’ve been undergoing ( and still ) the supervision of an athletic.

After all, we all have different opinions so, I will tell him my advice which I’ve tried myself and he can choose which opinion to follow.

Thanks
Original post by AliNineNine
i agree, smooth chocolate tastes crap 😂😂

I bought the biggest size, couldn’t remember how many servings I think 200. I don’t have the words to express how bad it was.

When I finished it, I immediately bought dymatize so I can guarantee it tastes great
Who said he should go with some random carb source thrown in? There are types of protein which identifies which sources they get the carb from.

As a guy who went through similar situation, I need some information from him to confirm which type he needs, this is not something I’m just trying on him, I’ve been undergoing ( and still ) the supervision of an athletic.

After all, we all have different opinions so, I will tell him my advice which I’ve tried myself and he can choose which opinion to follow.

Thanks

Yes I am aware that they list the ingredients. However they're much more expensive and a lot less nutritious than a tub of whey and a bag full of oats or rice. What more information do you require from him? He asked for a protein shake, not an investment thesis.
I bought the biggest size, couldn’t remember how many servings I think 200. I don’t have the words to express how bad it was.

When I finished it, I immediately bought dymatize so I can guarantee it tastes great

i think myprotein price reflects on their flavour and quality
Reply 16

i've tried the normal whey my protein and found it did not mix well with the water and after like 10 minutes plus of shaking still had a hell of a lot of big lumps. also i didn't feel great after eating it a lot of the time. eventually i stopped buying whey protein.

last week though i started a cut, and realistically it was gonna be very very difficult if i didn't supplement protein so i bought this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J5KUACS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so far so good, and after a good 2 minute shake the whey mixes in with the water properly and there are no big lumps
Yes I am aware that they list the ingredients. However they're much more expensive and a lot less nutritious than a tub of whey and a bag full of oats or rice. What more information do you require from him? He asked for a protein shake, not an investment thesis.

Looks like you are funny but not able to guide on fitness things. Posting the type of protein he should use without knowing his weight and height, workout intensity, target, nutrition information etc.. if you can tell without knowing that, it proves that you know nothing about this sport.

I’ve suggested some types but still couldn’t confirm which one he should use without having some information.
Original post by AliNineNine
i think myprotein price reflects on their flavour and quality

1000% agreement
Reply 19

always buy a much smaller size when buying stuff you haven't tried before to avoid this.

you were faced here with having to consume something you didn't like for months and months to get your moneys worth, or throw it away and waste money.

Quick Reply

Latest