The Student Room Group

How many uni offers so far?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurelboi
well done! They must rly want u - what r u applying for?

computer science, what about you? :u:

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by sy!¡
computer science, what about you? :u:

Spoiler

History. Lol ur spoiler just appeared as I'm replying to this :aetsch:
History. Lol ur spoiler just appeared as I'm replying to this :aetsch:

yeah i edited the spoiler in hahahaha:colondollar:

oof history, i’m so bad at it:biggrin:just about managed to get a 5 in it at GCSE and i didn’t even deserve that seeing as my teachers had predicted me a 2:banana:
Reply 23
Original post by sy!¡
yeah i edited the spoiler in hahahaha:colondollar:

oof history, i’m so bad at it:biggrin:just about managed to get a 5 in it at GCSE and i didn’t even deserve that seeing as my teachers had predicted me a 2:banana:

nice grade increase, FiGhT ThE PoWeR
what part of the uk r u from btw?
yeah I mean that was a bit problematic but the Romans totally went back on her husband's will and then raped and flogged her and her daughters.
How do highers and advanced highers work btw? Like what year do you take all the exams - is it the penultimate year to leaving school?

We sit three sets of exams throughout the last three years of school. 8 National 5s (equivalent to GCSE) in 4th year (year 11), 5 Higher's (equivalent to AS in difficulty - these grades are what we apply to uni with, also why a lot of Scottish students get unconditional offers as they have already achieved the grades needed to get into X university by that time) in 5th year (year 12), and Advanced Higher's (harder than A-levels because we have to learn the course over just one year which is why many Scottish students only take 2 AHs. Most universities recognise the difficulty of these exams and give us offers based on 2, for example, Bristol gave me an offer based on me achieving 2As in my AHs.) in sixth form (year 13).
(edited 3 years ago)
nice grade increase, FiGhT ThE PoWeR
what part of the uk r u from btw?

i live in oxford, if you don’t know where that is, it’s pretty close to london:u:

wbu?
Reply 26
Original post by angusgmoncrieff
We sit three sets of exams throughout the last three years of school. 8 National 5s (equivalent to GCSE) in 4th year (year 11), 5 Higher's (equivalent to AS in difficulty - these grades are what we apply to uni with, also why a lot of Scottish students get unconditional offers as they have already achieved the grades needed to get into X university) in 5th year (year 12), and Advanced Higher's (harder than A-levels because we have to learn the course over just one year which is why many Scottish students only take 2 AHs. Most universities recognise the difficulty of these exams and only give us offers based on 2, for example, Bristol gave me an offer based on me achieving 2As in my AHs.) in sixth form (year 13).

So ur doing Classics and history advanced highers, and a third? That's a cool system
Reply 27
Original post by sy!¡
i live in oxford, if you don’t know where that is, it’s pretty close to london:u:

wbu?

London town boiis :colone:
so what uni will u firm?
London town boiis :colone:
so what uni will u firm?

big london:colone:

i’ve only heard back from two of my uni’s so far...waiting for the other 3 and then i’ll decide but i honestly have no clue atm, will make the choice when i get all my replies :u:

wbu?
So ur doing Classics and history advanced highers, and a third? That's a cool system

Yeah, I'm doing Classics, History, and English.

Wbu?
Reply 30
Original post by sy!¡
big london:colone:

i’ve only heard back from two of my uni’s so far...waiting for the other 3 and then i’ll decide but i honestly have no clue atm, will make the choice when i get all my replies :u:

wbu?

probs firm Cambridge, UCL as insurance
Reply 31
Original post by angusgmoncrieff
Yeah, I'm doing Classics, History, and English.

Wbu?

History, Latin, Maths and Physics
probs firm Cambridge, UCL as insurance

have you heard back from cambridge?
I have offers from: Durham, Warwick, Exeter and Nottingham
Waiting for: Bath :smile:
Reply 34
I'm doing BBA Culinary Arts Management and I have offers from:
- University College Birmingham
- Ulster
- Middlesbrough College
- Uni of West London

I'm still waiting on Birkbeck - my first choice.
heard from oxford, durham, warwick, and leeds, just waiting on imperial now :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by sy!¡
have you heard back from cambridge?

yeah I got an offer :colone:
Reply 37
Original post by casabonita
heard from oxford, durham, warwick, and leeds, just waiting on imperial now :biggrin:

congrats!! - what subject?
Original post by SirNoodles
I've gotten offers from: Nottingham, Sheffield & Liverpool. Just waiting on Birmingham!

when’d you apply to birmingham?
i’ve heard back from all 5 for history: kcl, manchester, southampton, qmul and reading :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending