The Student Room Group

British white girl here ask me anything

Whats ur favourite food?

Scroll to see replies

Have you ever been chased around your local supermarket by a man holding a tin of chopped tomatoes?
Do you consider other white people from the UK have a unique culture? For example Scottish, Northern Ireland and Wales?

What is your opinion on Celtic languages?
Original post by fish finger fan
Have you ever been chased around your local supermarket by a man holding a tin of chopped tomatoes?

:rofl: You always ask these questions
Reply 4
Whats your dream job?
Reply 5
Most awkward life moment
Brummies sound very international :h:
do you use fake tan?
How does having white privilege feel like?
Original post by DiamondDia

What is white privilege?
Original post by Skymoose
What is white privilege?

The fact that you don’t know what it is shows that you have white privilege.
The fact that you don’t know what it is shows that you have white privilege. Google it sweetie 💋

No not necessary how can you guess my race over a forum post? Additionally Google is can't be used as a means to support your argument you need to site a source, study or other academic method.

I doubt you would get a pass grade by citing "google it sweetie" as citation in a paper. Have we gotten that lazy in academia that we use Google as a source or clout to a debate?
No not necessary how can you guess my race over a forum post? Additionally Google is can't be used as a means to support your argument you need to site a source, study or other academic method.

I doubt you would get a pass grade by citing "google it sweetie" as citation in a paper. Have we gotten that lazy in academia that we use Google as a source or clout to a debate?

If I must, I’ll be back in 3-5 working days. Apologies for assuming your race.

P.S. this isn’t university or any sort of academic setting, there’s no need to cite anything. How else do you research things if not to google, when you do university assignments what do you use other than books and journals??
Original post by Nialler x
:rofl: You always ask these questions

it's too funny tho 🤣
how are you finding work/school/uni/college atm?

Questions like these are rude and inflammatory, and part of the reason why many people believe white privilege is a myth
If I must, I’ll be back in 3-5 working days. Apologies for assuming your race.

P.S. this isn’t university or any sort of academic setting, there’s no need to cite anything. How else do you research things if not to google, when you do university assignments what do you use other than books and journals??

Now this is a more reasonable way of proceeding. You should never assume anything but it's hard not to have some bias.

This is not university but we can mostly agree that throwing out Google it is a pretty poor retort. I brake down into 2 categories primary and secondary.

Secondary is other people's work which include using the internet. I tend to use library resources such as papers and books.

I'm studying engineering and going to university this September therefore social sciences won't be in my wheelhouse. I wouldn't say to anyone that a light switch has to be between certain hight from the floor or a cable has to be a certain diameter and just say to someone Google it sweetie. I would quote the source such as the Electrical installation regulations or on-site guide. No ambiguity its based on evidence then.

I did a privilege survey and scored 30/100.
Original post by sosipsoso
how are you finding work/school/uni/college atm?

It's tough definitely not getting what I pay for. I'm getting solid grades non the less. I'm not doing a hard course I think most of my class at passing by copy and pasting from the internet 😂
Original post by sosipsoso
Questions like these are rude and inflammatory, and part of the reason why many people believe white privilege is a myth

I don’t believe it’s a myth. I genuinely want to know how our experiences differ.
Now this is a more reasonable way of proceeding. You should never assume anything but it's hard not to have some bias.

This is not university but we can mostly agree that throwing out Google it is a pretty poor retort. I brake down into 2 categories primary and secondary.

Secondary is other people's work which include using the internet. I tend to use library resources such as papers and books.

I'm studying engineering and going to university this September therefore social sciences won't be in my wheelhouse. I wouldn't say to anyone that a light switch has to be between certain hight from the floor or a cable has to be a certain diameter and just say to someone Google it sweetie. I would quote the source such as the Electrical installation regulations or on-site guide. No ambiguity its based on evidence then.

I did a privilege survey and scored 30/100.

A privilege survey, what do you mean by that? Elaborate please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending