The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Politics and Economics Applicants

Hello there,

If you are applying for Politics and Economics please state:
Predicted/Achieved Grades (A level or IB)
GCSE Grades
Where else you are applying

My stats:
Predicted - A*A*A* (Maths, Economics, Politics)
Achieved - A* in EPQ
GCSEs - 2 9s, 4 8s , 2 7s, 2 6s + B in FSMQ.
I am also applying to: Warwick (Rejected) , Birmingham (Offer: CCC/AAB), KCL (Offer: A*AA) and Cambridge (Interview but then Rejected).

Good luck to all of you!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’ve applied to KCL (PPE) and UCL (Politics and International Relations). I have yet to add my other three choices. I was thinking of applying to LSE as a long shot if I got accepted to one of the above unis. For KCL, what course have you been offered to study (PPE/Political Economy).
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Year12Studentt
I’ve applied to KCL (PPE) and UCL (Politics and International Relations). I have yet to add my other three choices. I was thinking of applying to LSE as a long shot if I got accepted to one of the above unis. For KCL, what course have you been offered to study (PPE/Political Economy).

Hello there! I have been offered to study Political Economy BA/BSc! Good luck!
Predicted - A*A A (Maths, Economics, German)
GCSEs - 1 9s, 6 8s, 3 6s
I am also applying to: Warwick (Economics, Politics and International Studies), Nottingham (Economics), UCL (Economics), and Loughborough (Economics).
Reply 4
Hello!!

I am an international student (French system) and I received a predicted of A*A*A* for Maths, Economics and HGGSP (History Geography Geopolitics Political Science).

I applied to LSE (Politics and Economics), UCL (History, Politics and Econ (received an offer: AAA)), King's (Political Econ)(offer: A*AA), Warwick (politics, economics and international relations)(Offer: A*AA) and Exeter (Politics and Econ (Offer: AAB))

Still waiting on my LSE offer... Fingers crossed!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, international applicant here
Predicted: A*A*A*AB; Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Biology, EPQ respectively
AS level: AAAA
Gcses: A*A*A*AAAAB + C(further pure gcse maths), not great I know
Applied to:
UCL (PPE)- takes ages
offer received: KCL (political econ A*AA), Manchester (AAB), Bristol(AAA)- both for pol and econ.

GL to all, im worried about my ps and gcses T_T
Reply 6
Hello :smile:
Predicted - A*A*A* (Maths, Economics, History) Achieved - GCSEs - 999988887
Applied to: LSE, Warwick, Durham, Cambridge
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Has anyone had a Politics and Economics offer yet?
Original post by al33sha

I Don’t think so
Reply 9
Original post by Akash1234567
I Don’t think so

Thanks! Someone told me that the first batch of offers came out today - they're taking so long...
Original post by al33sha

yes
Original post by Cricket008
yes

You got an offer??
Original post by Anonymous
You got an offer??

mi amigo did
Original post by Cricket008
mi amigo did

Wow...Do you know when did she receive her offer?
How much econ or pol or both did u guys put in ur ps? what extra or super curricular activities eg. internship? if u dont mind sharing...:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Predicted - A*A A (Maths, Economics, German)
GCSEs - 1 9s, 6 8s, 3 6s
I am also applying to: Warwick (Economics, Politics and International Studies), Nottingham (Economics), UCL (Economics), and Loughborough (Economics).

did u get in to warwick or lse?
Original post by Cocoooollkid123
How much econ or pol or both did u guys put in ur ps? what extra or super curricular activities eg. internship? if u dont mind sharing...:smile:

I did very little Politics (like 30%-40%)mainly because I wasn't planning on applying to anything but I'm only predicted a 6 in HL IB maths. On the website it says they're looking for 'an equal interest' so I'm fairly sure that's the one thing that would hold my application back :/ wbu?
Predicted: 776 HL 766 SL
GCSE: 99888888776A*A*
Where else you are applying: Nottingham (offer), Bristol (offer), King's (waiting), Edinburgh (waiting) - all pure econ
Original post by Xeryxer
Predicted: 776 HL 766 SL
GCSE: 99888888776A*A*
Where else you are applying: Nottingham (offer), Bristol (offer), King's (waiting), Edinburgh (waiting) - all pure econ

When did you apply?
When did you apply?

December 10th

I've seen one offer go out for Edinburgh today but feel like it's gonna be a long wait

Quick Reply

Latest