The Student Room Group

What is Sociology A level like?

I'm considering swapping Geography for Sociology when i start A levels this september as I think its more enjoyable and more useful for law which i am interested in. So anyone who's done sociology please tell me what its like! thanks
Oml Sociology is absolutely amazing! Honestly, I don't even mind having to remember all of those sociologists because all of their work is interesting! The trick is not to learn sociology just for the sake of the exam, learn it because it's relevant to what's happening in the world currently. I don't think I've come across anything boring in Sociology so far and I don't think I can because it's just that interesting! Make sure that your teachers are good at teaching it and make the class engage in discussions and debates because this will make the subject even more interesting.
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainStark
Oml Sociology is absolutely amazing! Honestly, I don't even mind having to remember all of those sociologists because all of their work is interesting! The trick is not to learn sociology just for the sake of the exam, learn it because it's relevant to what's happening in the world currently. I don't think I've come across anything boring in Sociology so far and I don't think I can because it's just that interesting! Make sure that your teachers are good at teaching it and make the class engage in discussions and debates because this will make the subject even more interesting.

thanks so much for replying do you think I can still do it without sociology GCSE?
Original post by dianna3007
thanks so much for replying do you think I can still do it without sociology GCSE?

Oh 100% because I haven't even done Sociology GCSE and most schools don't even offer it!
Original post by dianna3007
I'm considering swapping Geography for Sociology when i start A levels this september as I think its more enjoyable and more useful for law which i am interested in. So anyone who's done sociology please tell me what its like! thanks

Hi,

I am a current Sociology student at the University of Bath, who decided to study it at degree level after completing A Level Sociology.

I throughly enjoy Sociology, because it is so relevant and interesting to learn and understand about the world in which we live. During my A Level Sociology course I learnt about education, families, crime and religion, all of which were engaging and are discussed in the news all the time.

As Sociology is so diverse, learning about lots of different topics, it means there are lots of potential further study and employment opportunities too. For example, graduates in Sociology from Bath have gone on to work in areas such as research, teaching, business, law and social work.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Isobel (A Final Year Sociology Student)
Reply 5
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

I am a current Sociology student at the University of Bath, who decided to study it at degree level after completing A Level Sociology.

I throughly enjoy Sociology, because it is so relevant and interesting to learn and understand about the world in which we live. During my A Level Sociology course I learnt about education, families, crime and religion, all of which were engaging and are discussed in the news all the time.

As Sociology is so diverse, learning about lots of different topics, it means there are lots of potential further study and employment opportunities too. For example, graduates in Sociology from Bath have gone on to work in areas such as research, teaching, business, law and social work.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Isobel (A Final Year Sociology Student)

Thanks so much😊

Quick Reply

Latest