The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

(Offer Holders) Oxford Postgraduate 2021

Hi, guys!

Congratulations on receiving your offer from Oxford! I couldn't find a thread for postgraduates to discuss about colleges, scholarships and other similar stuff. So, here's one!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I haven't got a formal offer yet but an e-mail that I am gonna get one soon. When are we supposed to hear about colleges?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Hello! Wondering about colleges too and if anyone has heard back.
Reply 3
Original post by kwtkwsk
Hi! I haven't got a formal offer yet but an e-mail that I am gonna get one soon. When are we supposed to hear about colleges?

According to the website, https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/after-you-apply/decision-timeline. It takes 8-10 weeks after extension of offer
Reply 4
Original post by Jtos
According to the website, https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/after-you-apply/decision-timeline. It takes 8-10 weeks after extension of offer

Ah, okay, looks like we’re in for a wait! I’m only 3 weeks in from offer.
Reply 5
Original post by bklynxx
Ah, okay, looks like we’re in for a wait! I’m only 3 weeks in from offer.

Original post by saiggn97
Hi, guys!

Congratulations on receiving your offer from Oxford! I couldn't find a thread for postgraduates to discuss about colleges, scholarships and other similar stuff. So, here's one!

Original post by Jtos

Hi guys, what are you going to study and which colleges have you applied to?
Reply 6
Original post by kwtkwsk

I made an open application. Didn't quite understand the college system.

Going for a MSc by Research in Clinical Neurosciences
Reply 7
Original post by Jtos
I made an open application. Didn't quite understand the college system.

Going for a MSc by Research in Clinical Neurosciences

Where are you from? What's your academic backgroudn if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 8
Original post by kwtkwsk
Where are you from? What's your academic backgroudn if you don't mind me asking?

I am from Nigeria. A physiotherapist, graduated top of my class, first class, 4 year working experience in a neurological setting, one research paper currently under review
Reply 9
Original post by kwtkwsk

I had applied by the November deadline and heard back from the office about my college preference a week back. I wanted Balliol, but they are unable to offer a place.
Hey guys! Haven't received my offer yet (or rejection lol) but I chose Christ Church. I was really torn between CC and Worcester as leading academics in my field are associated with Worcester, but the daily held formals at Christ Church (as far as Corona allows it) and the college's architecture just were too good to pass on! :smile: However, I still sometimes think about whether I should have chosen a rather personal/smaller college. It was like a 49:51 decision haha. But we'll see! Need to get the offer first lmao
Reply 11
Original post by ChristophS
Hey guys! Haven't received my offer yet (or rejection lol) but I chose Christ Church. I was really torn between CC and Worcester as leading academics in my field are associated with Worcester, but the daily held formals at Christ Church (as far as Corona allows it) and the college's architecture just were too good to pass on! :smile: However, I still sometimes think about whether I should have chosen a rather personal/smaller college. It was like a 49:51 decision haha. But we'll see! Need to get the offer first lmao

What did you apply for? I picked St Cross as my college
Original post by kwtkwsk
What did you apply for? I picked St Cross as my college

MSc in Taxation.

That‘s cool!! But you didn‘t hear from them yet did you?
Reply 13
Not from the college, no. But the truth is I'd be happy with other collages too. There are some that I wouldn't like to get, but it's still an amazing course at a top univeristy, so colleges don't matter THAT much.
Original post by kwtkwsk
Not from the college, no. But the truth is I'd be happy with other collages too. There are some that I wouldn't like to get, but it's still an amazing course at a top univeristy, so colleges don't matter THAT much.

Yeah, I feel you. We only had like 6 college choices. How about you?
Reply 15
Original post by kwtkwsk

I applied for the MSt in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies at Magdalen. It's really beautiful and the grounds are massive. Currently doing another postgrad degree at Ox and am at a really central college but it's smaller. I like how monumental Magdalen and Christ Church are but Christ doesn't accept from my course. Magdalen is kind of out of the way though so some regret there. If I was funded, I would choose to live out closer to my dept.
Reply 16
I received an informal offer for the MSt in English, saying my application was "of a commendable standard" and that I will be receiving a formal certificate of offer "shortly." Has anyone had the same experience? I'm still waiting for the formal offer letter.
Reply 17
Original post by Sunlmn
I received an informal offer for the MSt in English, saying my application was "of a commendable standard" and that I will be receiving a formal certificate of offer "shortly." Has anyone had the same experience? I'm still waiting for the formal offer letter.

Congratulations!! I received my certificate of offer 10 days following an informal notification from my dept. Just be patient, you'll receive it
Reply 18
Original post by Jtos
Congratulations!! I received my certificate of offer 10 days following an informal notification from my dept. Just be patient, you'll receive it

Good to know that this is the standard procedure for everyone, thanks! Congratulations on your acceptance as well!
Original post by Sunlmn

I'm waiting as well, received a very similar email (for a very different course)! It's been 11 days since I got my informal offer, but i was accepted while others were getting interview invites so I'm guessing they are waiting to send out formal offers all at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending