The Student Room Group

I think I might have depression

I think I might have it to an extent and im not completely sure. I just don’t know because its so embarrassing. My family always make jokes about people with depression or anxiety and getting counselling. I hear them when we're eating dinner and they make funny jokes out of all of it. I feel like mental health is so stigmatised.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Awh im really sorry you're going through that. Have you experienced any symptoms linked with depression? and have you told your family to stop making "jokes" about depression because of how it can have a massive impact on someone?
Reply 2
Original post by Yas7297
Awh im really sorry you're going through that. Have you experienced any symptoms linked with depression? and have you told your family to stop making "jokes" about depression because of how it can have a massive impact on someone?

Yes, struggling to sleep, losing appetite, not acting myself, tiredness, I get easily annoyed etc. I've not told my family because it will look to them i have it and if they find out they'll laugh at me
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, struggling to sleep, losing appetite, not acting myself, tiredness, I get easily annoyed etc. I've not told my family because it will look to them i have it and if they find out they'll laugh at me

I understand what you mean now. Is there a reason why? could it be lockdown thats making you feel unsure and hopeless?
Reply 4
Original post by Yas7297
I understand what you mean now. Is there a reason why? could it be lockdown thats making you feel unsure and hopeless?

Yes I think its lockdown
Reply 5
Yes I think its lockdown

Have you tried asking them to take you out for daily walks? or just interacting with nature by yourself?
Reply 6
Original post by Yas7297
Have you tried asking them to take you out for daily walks? or just interacting with nature by yourself?

Tried myself going out and its not worked
Reply 7
Tried myself going out and its not worked

I recommend calling a mental health helpline if you have before? Maybe they can offer helpful advice. Or is it the relationship between your parents that is causing you to feel low?
Reply 8
Original post by Yas7297
I recommend calling a mental health helpline if you have before? Maybe they can offer helpful advice. Or is it the relationship between your parents that is causing you to feel low?

Maybe its everything that's making me low. No i haven't spoken to them because me and my brother share a room so it won't be possible to call anyone
Reply 9
Maybe its everything that's making me low. No i haven't spoken to them because me and my brother share a room so it won't be possible to call anyone

Maybe tell them your going to the shops and call them from there onwards or just go outside
Original post by Yas7297
Maybe tell them your going to the shops and call them from there onwards or just go outside

Unsure
Unsure

You can also do online chatting in mental health helplines
Original post by Yas7297
You can also do online chatting in mental health helplines

My brother will see the convo like he's downstairs now and I'm just about using this site without getting caught
My brother will see the convo like he's downstairs now and I'm just about using this site without getting caught

Idk use it in the bathroom or any other private space in the middle of the night?
Original post by Yas7297
Idk use it in the bathroom or any other private space in the middle of the night?

Maybe
Do Bassetts contain vitamin d3?
100%
I'll order some but if they don't work I'll pm you my bank details so you can refund me

how old are you
Original post by yeetouttawindow
how old are you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending