The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach 2020/21 Application Support

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Payel123
Thanks Sharon for this thread.So very kind of you to help.I have been chewing my nails off since I received my reserve list email just the day after my PEC submission,Apologies if this question sounds daft,but do you think the reserve emails would be sent in order of merit?the higher on merit list would be sent the email earlier or is it the other way around?just trying to figure out a way to manage my expectations since there is no way to find your position.I wish they had provided the reserve list position as that would have made the process way more transparent.TIA

Hi, you may be able to ask your score-ask via the portal-as that will give you an indication. Scores are out of 7, so 6 questions X scores. They sometimes add a 'multiplier' but if they don't, then 6 Q's x scores of 7 = 42, 6 Q's x scores of 5 = 30 and many other permutations. You will have scored at least 4 for all Q's as you would fail if only 3.
What happens is that a merit list is compiled, highest scores at the top. They work down the list, looking at preferences, and the higher up ones will get their 1st/2nd preferences, those lower down only will if the vacancies are not filled by people higher up, or they will get a preference 3rd/4th etc, depending on how many they asked you to nominate.
If you passed high enough to be offered but no vacancies at any of your preferences, you will go onto reserve list until a vacancy (hopefully) becomes available, as some people will decline (may have found other jobs etc).
Occasionally, if they have a site that’s hard to fill/unpopular, then they may ask those on the reserve list if they are interested but no obligation. That happened to me some years back. Vacancies can be more/less popular mainly due to travel-both time/distance/cost/parking etc
Original post by SharonMoxon
Hi, you may be able to ask your score-ask via the portal-as that will give you an indication. Scores are out of 7, so 6 questions X scores. They sometimes add a 'multiplier' but if they don't, then 6 Q's x scores of 7 = 42, 6 Q's x scores of 5 = 30 and many other permutations. You will have scored at least 4 for all Q's as you would fail if only 3.
What happens is that a merit list is compiled, highest scores at the top. They work down the list, looking at preferences, and the higher up ones will get their 1st/2nd preferences, those lower down only will if the vacancies are not filled by people higher up, or they will get a preference 3rd/4th etc, depending on how many they asked you to nominate.
If you passed high enough to be offered but no vacancies at any of your preferences, you will go onto reserve list until a vacancy (hopefully) becomes available, as some people will decline (may have found other jobs etc).
Occasionally, if they have a site that’s hard to fill/unpopular, then they may ask those on the reserve list if they are interested but no obligation. That happened to me some years back. Vacancies can be more/less popular mainly due to travel-both time/distance/cost/parking etc

Can’t thank you enough !!!that makes it much clearer .I had only opted for one preference which is south Manchester as I can’t travel anywhere else so maybe that would keep my options limited.But I heard they are opening up new offices throughout ,so I will still keep my hopes up ✌️. I did enquire on the chat about my scores but one Kelly replied that I had no way of finding it out .Do I need to email them at SSCL?thanks ever so much for being so very helpful.
Can’t thank you enough !!!that makes it much clearer .I had only opted for one preference which is south Manchester as I can’t travel anywhere else so maybe that would keep my options limited.But I heard they are opening up new offices throughout ,so I will still keep my hopes up ✌️. I did enquire on the chat about my scores but one Kelly replied that I had no way of finding it out .Do I need to email them at SSCL?thanks ever so much for being so very helpful.

Well they can find out, even if she didn't personally know, so request again (be a bit formal) or ask 'do I need to submit a Data Protection request to get it?' and that should get them hopping, at least I hope so!
I think may be worthwhile letting them know you are open to 'wider option's, can't hurt?
Original post by SharonMoxon
Well they can find out, even if she didn't personally know, so request again (be a bit formal) or ask 'do I need to submit a Data Protection request to get it?' and that should get them hopping, at least I hope so!
I think may be worthwhile letting them know you are open to 'wider option's, can't hurt?

Thanks for your advice.Will do so!!!appreciate your help.
I am a current DWP employee (AO case manager) - I applied for Black Country EO vacancies, completed interview 18/1 - what happens next as I’ve been told that if I have passed the interview it would normally be the right to work documents next however if you’re a current civil servant you don’t have to do that?

Also, my friend I work with that was on the reserves list from the last campaign has been given her formal offer as have a few others I know. From my understanding they have gone through the reserves list and called who they wanted to then they will sift the new applicants, is that right?
Original post by Amylou998
I am a current DWP employee (AO case manager) - I applied for Black Country EO vacancies, completed interview 18/1 - what happens next as I’ve been told that if I have passed the interview it would normally be the right to work documents next however if you’re a current civil servant you don’t have to do that?

Also, my friend I work with that was on the reserves list from the last campaign has been given her formal offer as have a few others I know. From my understanding they have gone through the reserves list and called who they wanted to then they will sift the new applicants, is that right?

Hi, really sorry I don't know 100% and there are no WC vacancies currently being advertised when I just looked. I'm pretty sure I do recall saying that they will do a DBS check even on internal.

I think your 2nd paragraph is true but there does seem to be difference across areas and a lot will depend on scores/preferences. So in 2n campaign, those who pass likely to have higher scores than those on reserve list from 1st campaign so likely to be offered posts first

Are you aware of the conditions on which any offer would be made?

There is a statement within the portal, possibly under Q & A, that says 'What if...I am already a permanent AO'
The answer, confirmed by TU, is that at the end of the FTA, you remain at the location where you have been a WC and drop back to being an AO. If that location doesn't have a role for you, you are then added to the general 'pot' for deployment and could end up offered something/somewhere not ideal or, worst case scenario, out of a job.
I know 3 people who have withdrawn their applications for that reason, due to existing family commitments and they can't take the risk of being out of a job, even if it is a tiny chance. When you think that JC's have not used many AO's for years and although some still have them, there are no AO roles in the operating model, it seems quite risky. But each case is individual, ask then take it from there
Thanks Sharon for this thread.So very kind of you to help.I have been chewing my nails off since I received my reserve list email just the day after my PEC submission,Apologies if this question sounds daft,but do you think the reserve emails would be sent in order of merit?the higher on merit list would be sent the email earlier or is it the other way around?just trying to figure out a way to manage my expectations since there is no way to find your position.I wish they had provided the reserve list position as that would have made the process way more transparent.TIA

So agree, I had 2 application notifications of reserve list 21st January, not sure how likely it will be to hear from them soon
Reply 27
Is it likely reserve list people will get a job? I feel like they were politely fobbing me off. Its so upsetting after putting in all the hard work to get this far.
Reply 28
How is likely to be made permanent or find a permanent position after you join on a fix term? I am about to start in 2 weeks.
Many thanks
Hi I need some advice. I have been speaking to someone on here as they applied for the same area as me, they did their interview the day before me and have been contacted for RTW documents meaning they have passed the interview stage, I haven’t heard anything at all, I thought that everyone should be contacted at the same time? Does this mean I probably haven’t passed the interview ?
Original post by Amylou998
Hi I need some advice. I have been speaking to someone on here as they applied for the same area as me, they did their interview the day before me and have been contacted for RTW documents meaning they have passed the interview stage, I haven’t heard anything at all, I thought that everyone should be contacted at the same time? Does this mean I probably haven’t passed the interview ?

That’s strange! Maybe they are working through them at different times! Where did you apply and when did you interview?
All my PECS were in place then i got the reserve list email for 2 applications in London
I applied for Black Country and did my interview 18/1. It’s driving me crazy!
Reply 33
Has anyone received an offer for West London or South London from their January campaign please?
Original post by Bbuk
Has anyone received an offer for West London or South London from their January campaign please?

Keen to hear from anyone with their own updates from all the London Campaigns in the past 2 weeks
Reply 35
Original post by Gemini66
Keen to hear from anyone with their own updates from all the London Campaigns in the past 2 weeks

I’ve received an offer for North London (December campaign). However West London is closer and going through PEC for that hence wonder anyone has heard - this is from January campaign.
Original post by Bbuk
I’ve received an offer for North London (December campaign). However West London is closer and going through PEC for that hence wonder anyone has heard - this is from January campaign.

Provisional or formal offer ?
Reply 37
Original post by Gemini66
Provisional or formal offer ?

Formal for North London (December campaign)
Hi, I had a request for my RTW documents one day after completing my interview, does this mean I passed?

Since then, one of my documents were rejected due to them not accepting online documents such as e-bills. Most of my bills are paperless now, does anyone know if I can go to my local branch and request a bank statement signed and that will be accepted?

TIA
Reply 39
Yes i went into my local branch and they printed the statements off for me straight away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending