The Student Room Group

dissertation choices psychology

hi, i’m stuck between choosing “attitudes towards mental health” or something relating to mental health and the impact of social media for dissertation subjects
Original post by Anonymous
hi, i’m stuck between choosing “attitudes towards mental health” or something relating to mental health and the impact of social media for dissertation subjects

There are lots of dissertaions on the topic of mental health and social media already so you will need to find a new and unique angle. Have a look at these dissertations to see if you can find a new angle for your dissertation.

Exploring the Effects of Social Media Use on the Mental Health of Young Adults

THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON DEPRESSION IN 18-34-YEAR-OLDS IN THE UNITED STATES

SOCIAL MEDIA AND MENTAL HEALTH: USES AND GRATIFICATIONS OF SOCIAL NETWORKING IN RELATION TO DEPRESSION, ANXIETY AND OFFLINE RELATIONSHIPS AMONG YOUNG ADULTS

THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON MENTAL HEALTH
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya!

It's great that you've had a think of some dissertation topics that you like, as this can be the hardest part!

I recommend looking through your core textbooks suggested by your lecturers at attitudes towards mental health, and social media as it can help fine tune the ideas you already have.

Definitely email your supervisor about your ideas as they can help guide you in the right direction and provide guidance on both topics.

You can do some reading about topics of mental health you're interested in as well as social media. Have a look at articles/ study's (look on your uni library resource, Google scholar etc) to increase your understanding about the topics to help you decide.

I've chosen to use a table to list all the research papers in my dissertation. This means i can easily view their title, their methodology, their findings, their limitations etc. so could be a good method for you to! Once you get a better idea of the existing literature it will help you fine tune your title.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest