The Student Room Group

Mphil Sociology Applicants:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by achang324
Were you invited to an interview before your status changed to GAO?

No, but I had several informal discussions and, one might say, "interviews" with my prospective supervisor prior to submitting my application, so they already told me I shouldn't expect an interview.
Were you invited to an interview before getting GAO status?

Original post by jonnyiw
I just moved to GAO. Took less than 1 hour after degree committee. I'll believe it when the offer comes through....

Wow that was fast! Congrats! Mine hasn’t moved yet but I’m hopeful it will soon. When did you apply?
Original post by Bobbybrays00
Wow that was fast! Congrats! Mine hasn’t moved yet but I’m hopeful it will soon. When did you apply?

I applied on the 1st of October, feels ages ago now. Still won't be celebrating until the offer actually comes in but happy with the progress!
Original post by jonnyiw
I applied on the 1st of October, feels ages ago now. Still won't be celebrating until the offer actually comes in but happy with the progress!

Wow that’s long time! Congrats! The letter should come soon!
Wow that’s long time! Congrats! The letter should come soon!

Thank you! Good luck to you as well :smile:. I applied very early as I'm working at the moment not studying, so no essays/exams to worry about. I didn't actually give it much thought until January, but since I've been active on here I can't stop checking it lol.
Original post by jonnyiw
Thank you! Good luck to you as well :smile:. I applied very early as I'm working at the moment not studying, so no essays/exams to worry about. I didn't actually give it much thought until January, but since I've been active on here I can't stop checking it lol.

Congrats! Are you from the UK?
My status hasn't moved yet. I wonder if it's because I'm an international student.
Same, I'm really hoping for some movement before today ends, really don't wanna go through a whole weekend of nothing
Reply 67
My application status moved to GAO today, I applied on 2/12 for the political and economic pathway !
Congrats! Are you from the UK?
My status hasn't moved yet. I wonder if it's because I'm an international student.

I am from the UK :smile:
Original post by MS6798
My application status moved to GAO today, I applied on 2/12 for the political and economic pathway !

Congrats!!!
Original post by MS6798

Omg! Congrats 🎉 ahhh this is exciting!
Reply 71
Original post by jonnyiw
Congrats!!!

Thank you! Congrats to you as well! I’m not celebrating, I really hope I won’t be the exception to the GAO rule lol
applied for the Marginality and exclusion on 02/12 but my status is still “submitted”, I guess my application is a failure now T_T
Original post by Luuuuuuna
applied for the Marginality and exclusion on 02/12 but my status is still “submitted”, I guess my application is a failure now T_T

Submitted on 03/12, still on submitted too

No it’s not. The department is still getting to it all. You should hear back by this week or next.
(edited 3 years ago)
That is so sweet of you! Thank you! : )

No it’s not. The department is still getting to it all. You should here back by this week or next.
No it’s not. The department is still getting to it all. You should hear back by this week or next.

Hope so!

I do imagine some of the applications have been waitlisted (scrambling to find suitable supervisors).
Hi guys! My application went to degree committee yesterday and then GAO today! Also I applied at the end of November if that helps anyone!
Original post by mphilsoc
Hi guys! My application went to degree committee yesterday and then GAO today! Also I applied at the end of November if that helps anyone!

Could you please tell which programme? And congrats!!!
Could you please tell which programme? And congrats!!!

Thank you!!! Marginality and exclusion, I had named a supervisor I had been in contact with for a while because I applied last year too so it might've been quicker due to that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending