The Student Room Group

IBM Apprenticeships 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by HeroinAddict
Hi everybody,
Got an email today from the good folks over at IBM. Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the matching pool. I just want to take the time and congratulate everyone who passed the pool I know that stuff is nervewracking.

If anyone's curious I did my AC in early July, and only received the result today.

I thought you stayed in the matching pool for up to a year? Or was it that you were not successful in getting to it in the first place? Bit confused and now worried, as far as I know I’ve been in it for the past 4 months and still waiting!
Original post by ofske
I thought you stayed in the matching pool for up to a year? Or was it that you were not successful in getting to it in the first place? Bit confused and now worried, as far as I know I’ve been in it for the past 4 months and still waiting!

I passed the assessment centre, I was informed that no suitable role was available for me.
Original post by HeroinAddict
Hi everybody,
Got an email today from the good folks over at IBM. Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the matching pool. I just want to take the time and congratulate everyone who passed the pool I know that stuff is nervewracking.

If anyone's curious I did my AC in early July, and only received the result today

Same here, I'm now planning on doing a shorter apprenticeship, but am hoping to try and reapply or go to uni in a couple years time. Bit of a shame but glad I tried, well done and good luck with you next steps!
Reply 83
Just to let everyone know - I received no such email. However I did login to my IBM job portal and see the same message. However I contacted the team and they informed me it was and was an error and I am very much still in the pool! Just a technical glitch! Anyone else had this experience?
Original post by ofske
Just to let everyone know - I received no such email. However I did login to my IBM job portal and see the same message. However I contacted the team and they informed me it was and was an error and I am very much still in the pool! Just a technical glitch! Anyone else had this experience?

Same thing happened to me and emailed them however they are now saying any opportunities that arise will be for 2020 hiring. So gutted cause I could’ve gone to uni now just have to play the waiting game.
Reply 85
Hi, i know its kinda late but i just retook my october A-levels and i was thinking of maybe starting this apprenticeship with IBM. I did apply last year but i wasnt in the UK for 5 years and i am Norwegian, so they rejected me, do u reckon that they will reconsider me because of all the Brexit stuff going on plus in may 2021, that is when i will be in Uk 5 full years. Thank u in advance
Original post by Hjam20
Hi, i know its kinda late but i just retook my october A-levels and i was thinking of maybe starting this apprenticeship with IBM. I did apply last year but i wasnt in the UK for 5 years and i am Norwegian, so they rejected me, do u reckon that they will reconsider me because of all the Brexit stuff going on plus in may 2021, that is when i will be in Uk 5 full years. Thank u in advance

If you have been in the UK for 5 years by the time you apply, you should be fine.
Reply 87
Any news on 2021? Registered my interest in July/August and checked now and then and heard nothing... starting to think they aren't offering it this year?
Reply 88
Original post by Bc7777
Any news on 2021? Registered my interest in July/August and checked now and then and heard nothing... starting to think they aren't offering it this year?

Same here, maybe it's just delayed? @IBM Apprentices @IBM UK Careers
Reply 89
Original post by EMZX
Same here, maybe it's just delayed? @IBM Apprentices @IBM UK Careers

Incredibly glad I hadn't just been daft and missed it 🤣 I've emailed their general enquires ill try remember to update if I get any more info
Reply 90
Original post by Bc7777
Incredibly glad I hadn't just been daft and missed it 🤣 I've emailed their general enquires ill try remember to update if I get any more info

oo cool. pls let us know! :smile:
Hey guys, I currently work at one of the top 4 y and seeing all these questions i have decided to make a YouTube video on all the stages of the application process and will give as many tips as possible to help you land your dream job. The video will be coming out in a few days and i will make sure to drop a link in the chat when i release it. Stress less, good luck!
When do applications open and close. I registered my interest on the IBM website but I haven't received any update or notification.

https://www.ibm.com/uk-en/employment/entrylevel/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mRIb9mN3nTo

Hey guys I’ve made this video to help you guys through the application process, check it out and ask any questions about their big 4 in the comments ill make sure to reply.
hi! just done with the cognitive tests. roughly how long is the wait for an interview/assessment centre/whatever's next? for reference i'm applying to the digital and tech degree apprenticeship.
Original post by maishamss
hi! just done with the cognitive tests. roughly how long is the wait for an interview/assessment centre/whatever's next? for reference i'm applying to the digital and tech degree apprenticeship.

what programme for

what are the tests like
Original post by ehyy4324
what programme for

as i said i applied for the digital and technology degree apprenticeship
what are the tests like

pretty straightforward - basically like phone game puzzles lol
as i said i applied for the digital and technology degree apprenticeship

pretty straightforward - basically like phone game puzzles lol

did you have the IBM IPAT test to do aswell:

IBM Numerical series: you will be presented with a sequence of numbers or symbols and will have to identify patterns to choose the next item in the sequence
IBM Numerical reasoning test; this is made up of 20 questions and will present you with a longer problem, that will require a number of steps to arrive at the right answer
did you have the IBM IPAT test to do aswell:

IBM Numerical series: you will be presented with a sequence of numbers or symbols and will have to identify patterns to choose the next item in the sequence
IBM Numerical reasoning test; this is made up of 20 questions and will present you with a longer problem, that will require a number of steps to arrive at the right answer

no they were literally games and some mental maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending