The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Any fellow BCU applicants want to be friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meg_louise97
It is! It's nicer to have someone to talk to about it all that's going through the same stress haha.

I did, within a week of applying but I think that's just because I applied for the foundation degree and they changed it for me.
It is, I would have loved to visit the campus. I know two people that have studied to teach at BCU though and both loved it!🙂

Yes definitely! :h:
I guess due to these unprecedented times, it has made us all stressed haha

I've seen the campus on google maps, and the campus is fairly quite big!
You know two people who have studied to teach at BCU? If you don't mind me asking, how did they find it? :smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
I have an offer for child nursing!
Original post by Aminah T
Yes definitely! :h:
I guess due to these unprecedented times, it has made us all stressed haha

I've seen the campus on google maps, and the campus is fairly quite big!
You know two people who have studied to teach at BCU? If you don't mind me asking, how did they find it? :smile:

Definitely!

Both really enjoyed it, one studied Primary Teaching and loved it. She got a job after at one of her placements too. I currently work in a school and the teacher I'm working with is in her second year or teaching, she did a PGCE and loved it. 🙂
I applied and have a conditional offer x
Hi, I'm Laura and I'm going to be studying Property Development and Planning at BCU!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by lbeacham431
Hi, I'm Laura and I'm going to be studying Property Development and Planning at BCU! I'm so nervous but I don't know whether to put BCU as my firm :/

Where else do you have an offer from?
Original post by Anonymous
Where else do you have an offer from?

Hi, I'm also holding offers at Oxford Brookes and Bristol, UWE but I really don't know which one seems better :/ As weird as it seems, I like all the unis I've applied to and keep changing my mind of which one I want to go to (can't imagine anyone else has a similar mindset!). Submit reply
Hi, I'm also holding offers at Oxford Brookes and Bristol, UWE but I really don't know which one seems better :/ As weird as it seems, I like all the unis I've applied to and keep changing my mind of which one I want to go to (can't imagine anyone else has a similar mindset!). Submit reply

I mean there are a lot of factor that I think you could consider (some more than others) to different people different ones may be more or less important.

1. Which Uni's course looks the best, this includes accreditations, graduate prospects, is their a placement year? etc etc

2. How far away from home are you? (this one isn't rly that important unless you will be coming home for holidays etc etc for example my furthest away choice is Edinburgh but it also offers the best course so its hard) This is also good to know as some place may be harder to get it (again only an issue if regularly travelling)

3. What extra curricula is their. (Just remember as well as study you might want to get involved in societies and different uni's offer different ones.)

4.What is the price of student accom for 2nd year (this one is minor but some ppl are tight on money so they benefit from this)

5.What is the area like? I wanted to go to Loughborough, apart from being rejected the surrounding town is a bit bleak so loses points there lol)

6. Student Satisfaction

7.How much study space is there in the library

8. If self catered how close are the shops and will Halls accept deliveries.

Honestly a lot of these are rly minor but they could be a defining factor for you. I missed out a lot but if I wrote all the things I could think off it would be a really long list. Atm I only have received 2 of my 5 places so out of the 2 Ik my preferred but it I get accepted into one of the remaining 3 it will be harder cause they both have things the others don't.

If anyone disagrees or has anything to add I'm open to your opinions
I mean there are a lot of factor that I think you could consider (some more than others) to different people different ones may be more or less important.

1. Which Uni's course looks the best, this includes accreditations, graduate prospects, is their a placement year? etc etc

2. How far away from home are you? (this one isn't rly that important unless you will be coming home for holidays etc etc for example my furthest away choice is Edinburgh but it also offers the best course so its hard) This is also good to know as some place may be harder to get it (again only an issue if regularly travelling)

3. What extra curricula is their. (Just remember as well as study you might want to get involved in societies and different uni's offer different ones.)

4.What is the price of student accom for 2nd year (this one is minor but some ppl are tight on money so they benefit from this)

5.What is the area like? I wanted to go to Loughborough, apart from being rejected the surrounding town is a bit bleak so loses points there lol)

6. Student Satisfaction

7.How much study space is there in the library

8. If self catered how close are the shops and will Halls accept deliveries.

Honestly a lot of these are rly minor but they could be a defining factor for you. I missed out a lot but if I wrote all the things I could think off it would be a really long list. Atm I only have received 2 of my 5 places so out of the 2 Ik my preferred but it I get accepted into one of the remaining 3 it will be harder cause they both have things the others don't.

If anyone disagrees or has anything to add I'm open to your opinions

Thank youu! This is really helpful! I have received all decisions but got rejected from Leeds Beckett 😂 and I hope you get the offers you want 😊
Thank youu! This is really helpful! I have received all decisions but got rejected from Leeds Beckett 😂 and I hope you get the offers you want 😊

Ah sorry to hear. I got an unconditional from Leeds Beckett for the masters in Planning and from Liverpool John moores for Construction. I am waiting on Sheffield for Construction and Herriot Watt and Birmingham for variations of planning. Ik you didn't ask but those were my choices and if I get HW or BCU will make my decision harder as planning is the course I am more in favour of
Ah sorry to hear. I got an unconditional from Leeds Beckett for the masters in Planning and from Liverpool John moores for Construction. I am waiting on Sheffield for Construction and Herriot Watt and Birmingham for variations of planning. Ik you didn't ask but those were my choices and if I get HW or BCU will make my decision harder as planning is the course I am more in favour of

Ahhh amazing, I hear you! Yes I also applied for the masters in planning at Beckett as you have too (although I changed it from uni of Manchester for planning and then to Beckett which I have regretted so much and don’t know why I ended up doing that!) Honestly, the process is so much more stressful than what I ever imagined! 😂
Ahhh amazing, I hear you! Yes I also applied for the masters in planning at Beckett as you have too (although I changed it from uni of Manchester for planning and then to Beckett which I have regretted so much and don’t know why I ended up doing that!) Honestly, the process is so much more stressful than what I ever imagined! 😂

Ye for me I did not even think I was going to apply for uni. I went years claiming I would do an apprenticeship (which I am still applying for) but so much happened bc or corona that I changed everything. So I will be applying for 1 apprenticeship and unless I get it, it's off to uni
Original post by Jezz8702
Gemmology and Jewellery Studies, I'm pretty nervous about it so I'm doing a bit of research so I have things to talk about during my interview as it's supposed to be with the course leader.

eee! you're the only other person i've found that's applied for this!!! could i add you somewhere so i can talk to you about it? made this account just to reach you haha - got an interview offer today so i'm wishing you the best of luck!!! <3
Reply 33
Oh hey! I’ve firmed BCU for psychology,, plus I’ve booked to stay in Bentley house. Anyone else doing the same or stating in the same place? It’d be nice to know some people beforehand :smile:
Original post by ashhh19
Hiii I’m applying for diagnostic radiography!! What course have you applied for?

Me too!
Original post by katiegoodingx
I applied and have a conditional offer x

Hii if you don't mind me asking, what course do you g=have a conditional offer for?
Reply 36
Original post by kaysydney
Me too!

Omgg, if you want to talk pm me but have you received an offer yet?
Hii if you don't mind me asking, what course do you g=have a conditional offer for?

Ik you didn't ask me (lol) but I got a conditional for Property Development and Planning. It was literally conditional on showing that I had Math/English GCSE and that I did not have a Criminal record lol.
Ik you didn't ask me (lol) but I got a conditional for Property Development and Planning. It was literally conditional on showing that I had Math/English GCSE and that I did not have a Criminal record lol.

Woww that's an amazing course to do! :biggrin:
I guess it's pretty easy for you to get into the course I guess
Woww that's an amazing course to do! :biggrin:
I guess it's pretty easy for you to get into the course I guess

Ye, tbf I already did A-levels so I don't need to rely on any exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending