The Student Room Group

what careers /jobs are there in sociology ....

???????
Reply 1
Original post by casiee__xo
???????

forensic psychologist, counsellor, community development worker
Original post by sgx28
forensic psychologist, counsellor

To be a forensic psychologist you have to do a psychology degree.

There is no subject requirement to be a counsellor.
Reply 3
Original post by chazwomaq
To be a forensic psychologist you have to do a psychology degree.

There is no subject requirement to be a counsellor.

some accept sociology
Original post by sgx28
some accept sociology

Some what? If you mean forensic psychology you are wrong.
Reply 5
oh

ohh really but isn't sociology the same as psychology?
oh

ohh really but isn't sociology the same as psychology?

No. If you are interested in psychology careers, the best source of advice is the British Psychological Society website. There are strict rules about qualifications needed to be a professional psychologist:

https://careers.bps.org.uk/
???????

Hi,

There are lots of careers/jobs in Sociology and Psychology. Take a look here for detailed information about what Sociology and Psychology graduates from the University of Bath have gone on to do. Careers have included roles in research, consultancy, business, the Government, counselling, teaching and health.

Here at Bath as well at other universities if you decide to do a Sociology or Psychology degree you can add on a work placement, which gives you the opportunity to explore a career. I completed a work placement in Market Research as part of my degree which really helped me decide what I want to do in the future.

If you have any questions about studying Sociology or Psychology at degree level or any further questions please free to ask.

Isobel (A Final Year Sociology Student)
Reply 8

i mean on unifrog those were the close match jobs for sociology so idk like im still in year 12 so sorry if im wrong i just got it off unifrog.
Good luck
???????

Hello!

If you mean after studying Sociology at University, there are a variety of career paths you can enter as you deal with the inequalities within society. Therefore, you can enter a career within the media, social and community work, management and administration, the Civil Service and the local Government!
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions! I will be happy to help:smile:

Gabrielle
University of Hull Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending