The Student Room Group

Second degree loan for Nutrition & Functional Medicine

Hi there

I'm 41 and I paid my student loan off for my first degree a number of years ago. I wish to retrain now but need funding. I want to train in nutrition and lifestyle medicine at University of Greenwich, starting sept 2021. Its a part time degree...

Does anyone know if i'll be able to get a loan for this?

Thanks, Resh
You'd be best asking @SFE Isaac. I've tagged him so he'll see this when he next logs on and be able to advise you better than any of us can
You can get a second loan for healthcare degrees that lead to professional accreditation with the Health and Care Professions Council, such as BSc Dietetics. A degree in nutrition and lifestyle wouldn't qualify. I'd recommend you look at becoming a registered dietitian, as not only would you get loans, your job prospects would be a lot better.
Original post by resh_pancholi
Hi there

I'm 41 and I paid my student loan off for my first degree a number of years ago. I wish to retrain now but need funding. I want to train in nutrition and lifestyle medicine at University of Greenwich, starting sept 2021. Its a part time degree...

Does anyone know if i'll be able to get a loan for this?

Thanks, Resh

Original post by MedicWil
You'd be best asking @SFE Isaac. I've tagged him so he'll see this when he next logs on and be able to advise you better than any of us can

Original post by Incidentaloma
You can get a second loan for healthcare degrees that lead to professional accreditation with the Health and Care Professions Council, such as BSc Dietetics. A degree in nutrition and lifestyle wouldn't qualify. I'd recommend you look at becoming a registered dietitian, as not only would you get loans, your job prospects would be a lot better.

Hi, there is no course on the database at this university with the name " Nutrition & Functional Medicine"

There is a part time course called "HUMAN NUTRITION" with the "100247" HECoS code. This part time course is an exception course and your previous study will not affect your eligibility. You can be funded for your second degree if you studied this course part time.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest