The Student Room Group

The struggle to concentrate

I'm finding it so difficult to study these days. I don't know what it is, but...I'm strugglinggggg. What to do I've been considering downloading some form of time tracking app to manage my time cos I'm struggling. Does anyone have any tips that could help?
Reply 1
try switching ur phone off
Reply 2
Original post by sgx28
try switching ur phone off

Thanks for your suggestion...I've tried that, but it didn't last. I have an online store, so I keep getting messages from clients. I'm actually looking for a way to divide my time. I don't want one to suffer because of the other.
Original post by janeking12
Thanks for your suggestion...I've tried that, but it didn't last. I have an online store, so I keep getting messages from clients. I'm actually looking for a way to divide my time. I don't want one to suffer because of the other.

Most of the sources, study materials I need for my essays etc can be downloaded . Why not see if you can do the same then after download disconnect the internet . No internet no messages
Reply 4
Original post by Stumpy1001
Most of the sources, study materials I need for my essays etc can be downloaded . Why not see if you can do the same then after download disconnect the internet . No internet no messages

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
I'm finding it so difficult to study these days. I don't know what it is, but...I'm strugglinggggg. What to do I've been considering downloading some form of time tracking app to manage my time cos I'm struggling. Does anyone have any tips that could help?

I think Forest is a popular app to use.
Personally, I like to utilise the pomodoro method :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by summerberry19
I think Forest is a popular app to use.
Personally, I like to utilise the pomodoro method :smile:

Forest ha...okay. I'll check it out. I've heard about this Pomodoro method, but I haven't bothered to give it a try. Maybe it's time I did. Thanks:smile:
Forest ha...okay. I'll check it out. I've heard about this Pomodoro method, but I haven't bothered to give it a try. Maybe it's time I did. Thanks:smile:

Yep, even I ignored for some time but it definitely works better than it sounds :biggrin:
No worries :smile:
Reply 8

try taking a time lapse of you studying
Hi there,

I just thought I’d reach out to you and let you know that you’re not alone it’s so incredibly common to be feeling like this.
I use the app Forest, which is really good! It plants a tree whilst you are studying, so by the end of your study session you’ll have a little virtual tree. I like to put 25 minute sessions on the timer, and give myself a 5 minute break after that’s done. This also helps with my concentration!

Good luck!

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.
Reply 10
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

I just thought I’d reach out to you and let you know that you’re not alone it’s so incredibly common to be feeling like this.
I use the app Forest, which is really good! It plants a tree whilst you are studying, so by the end of your study session you’ll have a little virtual tree. I like to put 25 minute sessions on the timer, and give myself a 5 minute break after that’s done. This also helps with my concentration!

Good luck!

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.

Oh:smile:, I really appreciate this. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending