The Student Room Group

Channel 4 Production Training Scheme 2021

Hi! Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the channel 4 researcher production training scheme for 2021 as I haven't seen anyone talking about it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by l.eah2
Hi! Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the channel 4 researcher production training scheme for 2021 as I haven't seen anyone talking about it

Hi! I applied for this too! Have you heard back at all yet? I read that they shortlist by this Friday, but not sure if that means applicants should hear back by then, or if that's just when they have to make decisions by?
Reply 2
Original post by stormio123
Hi! I applied for this too! Have you heard back at all yet? I read that they shortlist by this Friday, but not sure if that means applicants should hear back by then, or if that's just when they have to make decisions by?

I haven't heard back yet, it does say that they don't get back to you until 2 weeks after the closing date but I just thought I'd see if anyone's had any news from them. I hope they tell us soon! How did you find the application process?
Original post by l.eah2
I haven't heard back yet, it does say that they don't get back to you until 2 weeks after the closing date but I just thought I'd see if anyone's had any news from them. I hope they tell us soon! How did you find the application process?

Yeh same, I'm hoping maybe by next week they'll let us know something! I found it OK, and, unlike most job applications, the questions were actually quite fun and different! How did you get on with it?
Reply 4
Original post by stormio123
Yeh same, I'm hoping maybe by next week they'll let us know something! I found it OK, and, unlike most job applications, the questions were actually quite fun and different! How did you get on with it?

I agree! I actually quite enjoyed it :smile:
yes i applied too!! i've been manically checking my inbox, phone and application status all day. like you, its left me to wonder whether the decision is to be made by today (and applicants be contacted early next week) or successful applicants will be told definitively today. I really enjoyed writing my application too, the questions were stimulating but not toooo difficult p.s - i did reread the email and noticed that 4Skills applications (apprenticeships, training schemes etc) can actually take up to a month to get a response, unlike normal job applications. nonetheless the 12th was the big day indicated on the application so c4 put me out of my misery im begging u
Reply 6
Original post by nook-n-g0
yes i applied too!! i've been manically checking my inbox, phone and application status all day. like you, its left me to wonder whether the decision is to be made by today (and applicants be contacted early next week) or successful applicants will be told definitively today. I really enjoyed writing my application too, the questions were stimulating but not toooo difficult p.s - i did reread the email and noticed that 4Skills applications (apprenticeships, training schemes etc) can actually take up to a month to get a response, unlike normal job applications. nonetheless the 12th was the big day indicated on the application so c4 put me out of my misery im begging u

A month? no way i've been checking my email every 5 minutes lmao. It has been painful waiting for a reply after putting so much effort in to the application. Hopefully it's not too much longer!!
Original post by l.eah2
A month? no way i've been checking my email every 5 minutes lmao. It has been painful waiting for a reply after putting so much effort in to the application. Hopefully it's not too much longer!!

yeah:eek4: if you check the email you got after submitting, it says so in the paragraph starting 'For 4Skills applications'. i hadn't noticed it until today because i skimmed over it the first time around lol oopsie

and agreed, i have my fingers crossed we get some v positive news in the not-too-distant future!!
I think the next stage of the application process begins on Monday 22nd, so I reckon we'll hear next week!
Reply 9
@stormio123 @nook-n-g0 where did you apply to? I applied for Birmingham
Original post by l.eah2

Glasgow! :smile:
Original post by l.eah2

manchester!
Reply 12
Omg finally I’ve found people discussing the C4 applications!

I applied for Glasgow. I still haven’t heard anything back yet! Does anyone know what the next stage involves?

Good luck to you all! I’m praying we’ll hear something back this week.
Original post by breig

I applied for Glasgow. I still haven’t heard anything back yet! Does anyone know what the next stage involves?

I think the next stage is like an assessment centre of sorts!
Reply 14
Original post by breig

When I was looking on the C4 Skills page the other day I saw that they had done little webinar things for applicants, I watched the Birmingham one https://players.brightcove.net/2562205916001/default_default/index.html?videoId=6225959910001 and they mention something about interviews so I'm assuming if we're successful we get to an interview stage. I'm hoping we hear back soon as well, good luck!
Anyone heard anything yet? The wait is rough!!
no!! the wait has been making me feel so so queasy lool
Reply 17
Still not heard anything back either! It’s stressing me out.
Reply 18
nothing yet, I keep getting excited by every notification I get, the wait is painful!
Hey! How are you checking your application process? I can't seem to find how to check it! Nice to see other people haven't heard yet, I was starting to get worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending