The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach 2020/21 Application Support

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyrose3108
Looks like west london did a mass reserve list today. happened a few times so dont worry :smile:

This made me feel a whole lot better! I've been reading round the forums a few other West Londoners getting the email so phew!
Original post by Bbuk
Thanks for your update. I’ve received a reserve email this morning too! Let’s hope for the best 🙏🏾

Got my fingers crossed for us 🤞🏼
I was offered a provisional offer based on ore employment checks and role availability. Within 2 hours I received another email advising I’ve been put on the reserve list! Meanwhile I have completed all the forms for the pre employment checks. Called SSCL and was told the positions have now been filled hence the reserve list. I don’t understand why I’ll be offered a provisional offer then within 2 hours out on a reserve list!!
Original post by The upside
I was offered a provisional offer based on ore employment checks and role availability. Within 2 hours I received another email advising I’ve been put on the reserve list! Meanwhile I have completed all the forms for the pre employment checks. Called SSCL and was told the positions have now been filled hence the reserve list. I don’t understand why I’ll be offered a provisional offer then within 2 hours out on a reserve list!!

Was this for the west London location?
Original post by Miamay14
Was this for the west London location?

Yes it was. Interviewed last month

That's so strange!? Did you get the reserve email this morning too? Can't imagine they filled up ALL vacancies within 2 hours of offering you provisional
Original post by Mickeybuns
That's so strange!? Did you get the reserve email this morning too? Can't imagine they filled up ALL vacancies within 2 hours of offering you provisional

I find the whole thing so bizarre! First a text at 7am congratulating me and asking to log into portal and complete PEC. Filled all the forms only to receive another email just before 10am advising I’m on the reserve list!
I called their help center but they were not very helpful. Spoke to 2 different people, one said every provisional offer goes on the reserve list... this makes no sense. I called again and the second person said I’m on the reserve list as they have filled out the positions so if a vacancy arises I’ll be contacted.

I’m so frustrated as I can’t seem to get an answer. I’ve emailed SSCL hub. So waiting for their reply.

What’s your experience been like?
I find the whole thing so bizarre! First a text at 7am congratulating me and asking to log into portal and complete PEC. Filled all the forms only to receive another email just before 10am advising I’m on the reserve list!
I called their help center but they were not very helpful. Spoke to 2 different people, one said every provisional offer goes on the reserve list... this makes no sense. I called again and the second person said I’m on the reserve list as they have filled out the positions so if a vacancy arises I’ll be contacted.

I’m so frustrated as I can’t seem to get an answer. I’ve emailed SSCL hub. So waiting for their reply.

That does sound frustrating! I got my offer straight after my RTW call last Friday and I sent out my PECs soon after that same day. I also got an offer for the South East group too so did the same for that. Woke up this morning to the email from West London group (funnily enough also at 10am) but haven't heard anything from the South East group. Haven't spoken to anyone regarding this but have read around the forums lots of West London people being put on the reserve list today!? It would have maybe made sense if I was put on both reserve list but its only one and the other one still waiting to hear.
Original post by Mickeybuns
That does sound frustrating! I got my offer straight after my RTW call last Friday and I sent out my PECs soon after that same day. I also got an offer for the South East group too so did the same for that. Woke up this morning to the email from West London group (funnily enough also at 10am) but haven't heard anything from the South East group. Haven't spoken to anyone regarding this but have read around the forums lots of West London people being put on the reserve list today!? It would have maybe made sense if I was put on both reserve list but its only one and the other one still waiting to hear.

Sadly can’t really seem to get any more information from their help centre. Guess the waiting continues, good luck with yours!
Sadly can’t really seem to get any more information from their help centre. Guess the waiting continues, good luck with yours!

Good luck with yours too! If you can, please keep us updated if you hear anything!
I have been on reserve for 2 London locations since 21 Jan - all PEC's were done prior to the horrid email. Heard there will be another campaign 17 Feb, anyone heard this too ??
Original post by Gemini66
I have been on reserve for 2 London locations since 21 Jan - all PEC's were done prior to the horrid email. Heard there will be another campaign 17 Feb, anyone heard this too ??

Awful feeling! Not heard of the Feb campaign yet but I guess they’ll consider those on the reserve list if that’s how it works
Awful feeling! Not heard of the Feb campaign yet but I guess they’ll consider those on the reserve list if that’s how it works

8 days to wait !!!

was it a provisional offer after a rtw interview or a phone call with a conditional offer?
Original post by mollyrose3108
was it a provisional offer after a rtw interview or a phone call with a conditional offer?

Provisional offer after RTW interview
Reply 74
Provisional offer after RTW interview

Same happened to me and i got an offered a position a week later so fear not! Only issue is its nowhere near where i live and had to accept otherwise im off the list. Its still provisional though and they havent confirmed my part time hours yet so I have no faith until I have my foot in the door!!
Original post by melds22
Same happened to me and i got an offered a position a week later so fear not! Only issue is its nowhere near where i live and had to accept otherwise im off the list. Its still provisional though and they havent confirmed my part time hours yet so I have no faith until I have my foot in the door!!

Ah thanks for being encouraging... guess I’m not familiar with their process. All the best, hope your get the hours you want.
So I finally get an East London offer this morning after being placed on reserve 21 Jan.

Wondering whether if I accept I may also get a North London offer in time !

Any advice welcome - if i get East, is there a chance i will also get a NL offer ??
Original post by Gemini66
So I finally get an East London offer this morning after being placed on reserve 21 Jan.

Wondering whether if I accept I may also get a North London offer in time !

Any advice welcome - if i get East, is there a chance i will also get a NL offer ??

Yu could do but no way of knowing, will depend on vacancies in NL area and where you are on the NL Merit List. You could contact NL, tell them you've had an offer from EL but prefer NL, could they tell you likelihood/timescale? They probably won't but you could accept EL then if you get NL offer, accept that too then withdraw from EL
I have been told that if I accept EL, then other applications will be withdrawn. I have found SSCL in no position to offer me any intel, and I have emailed vetting hub although I expect a generic response.

How would I contact NL ??
Reply 79
Original post by SharonMoxon
Yu could do but no way of knowing, will depend on vacancies in NL area and where you are on the NL Merit List. You could contact NL, tell them you've had an offer from EL but prefer NL, could they tell you likelihood/timescale? They probably won't but you could accept EL then if you get NL offer, accept that too then withdraw from EL

I have tried, they won’t offer you a different one- we have to wait to be offered by specific districts! However you can accept the first one and then wait and see if the other one offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending