The Student Room Group

wanna run but afraid of becoming flatter

i'm gonna start going on runs because i'm super unfit and my therapist recommended it but i'm mega skinny and flat so i'm worried i'll get even flatter because of the running. is this true? how can i stop this happening?
The only situation in which running would cause you to get a bit flatter would be if you started running regularly but didn't increase your calorie intake a bit, and then you might possibly lose some weight, possibly around your chest. However it is not a guarantee and if you make sure to eat enough, it won't cause that - there's no direct correlation between running and flatter chest, just if you lose weight you could potentially lose some fat there. I wouldn't worry about it if you're just planning on running once a week or something like that, you'll be perfectly fine!
Original post by lgbtdodie
The only situation in which running would cause you to get a bit flatter would be if you started running regularly but didn't increase your calorie intake a bit, and then you might possibly lose some weight, possibly around your chest. However it is not a guarantee and if you make sure to eat enough, it won't cause that - there's no direct correlation between running and flatter chest, just if you lose weight you could potentially lose some fat there. I wouldn't worry about it if you're just planning on running once a week or something like that, you'll be perfectly fine!

ok phew thank you so much!
My suggestion is, start doing yoga because as said you are mega skinny and flat, that’s why yoga is the best option for you, it will increase your eating efficiency. After you gain good weight then try running.
Original post by Natalie Pate
My suggestion is, start doing yoga because as said you are mega skinny and flat, that’s why yoga is the best option for you, it will increase your eating efficiency. After you gain good weight then try running.

What the hell is eating efficiency

Quick Reply

Latest