The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2021-22 Postgraduate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Still waiting to hear back! Does anyone know whether the Courtauld postgraduate teaching 2021/2 will still take place at Vernon Square? (assuming it does take place in person!)

The Courtauld Connects / Somerset House renovation seems to finish by the end of this year. :smile:
Reply 41
I just received an offer from the Courtauld for the Experiencing Modernism: Utopia, Politics, and Times of Turmoil course! Feeling over the moon! Good luck to everyone waiting - fingers crossed for you
Original post by ah2468
Just received an offer from the Courtauld for Beyond Abstract Expressionism: American Origins, Global Afterlives! Crossing my fingers for you all : )

Hi congrats!! Was that your first choice?
Hi all, has anyone heard back from the Courtauld for Art in Northern Europe or Miniature to Monumental?
Congratulations to all those who have received their offers by the way, well done!
Reply 44
Original post by spintoretto
Hi all, has anyone heard back from the Courtauld for Art in Northern Europe or Miniature to Monumental?
Congratulations to all those who have received their offers by the way, well done!

hi! I got my offer for miniature to monumental this morning, good luck! they don't interview for that module which was a relief
Original post by maisib
hi! I got my offer for miniature to monumental this morning, good luck! they don't interview for that module which was a relief

Oh that's brilliant, congratulations!!
Just got an offer on my first choice Global Conceptualism! Anyone else applied for that option? I was surprised that they didn't even require an interview
Can we expect to get emails from the Courtauld at any point in the day/night or is it just office hours? I stop refreshing my emails so much at 5pm haha
Reply 48
Hi everyone! I got an unconditional offer for Victorian Science and Aesthetic Movement Art. Feeling super chuffed! If anyone wants to chat feel free to drop me a message, it would be lovely to get to know some people before the course starts :smile: x
Reply 49
Original post by worth_a_try
Can we expect to get emails from the Courtauld at any point in the day/night or is it just office hours? I stop refreshing my emails so much at 5pm haha

I got mine at 10am so I'd presume its office hours :smile: honestly before I found out I was refreshing night and day ahah good luck!!
Reply 50
Oh that's brilliant, congratulations!!

thank you!! good luck to you!!
Reply 51
Original post by Artstudent23
Hi congrats!! Was that your first choice?

Thanks! And yes it was! I know it sounds a little strange to be studying a “quintessentially American” movement in the UK, but I love how specialized and focused the option papers are compared to the two-year programs in the States : )

best of luck to you!
Reply 52
Also, just wondering: is anyone else also waiting to hear back from Oxford? I realize we still have (probably at least) a month to go before decisions are out, and the wait is driving me nuts 🤢
just got rejected from wordplay and documentary reborn, feel sick in the stomach :frown: anyone heard back from wordplay tho?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sadoatmilk
just got rejected from wordplay and documentary reborn, feel sick in the stomach :frown: anyone heard back from wordplay tho?

Was that your first choice? I got rejected from my first choice too which was brutal- haven’t heard anything from second choice yet about being accepted or passed on to my third...I don’t know what the odds of being accepted into lower choices is but don’t feel like they are high!
Original post by Artstudent23
Was that your first choice? I got rejected from my first choice too which was brutal- haven’t heard anything from second choice yet about being accepted or passed on to my third...I don’t know what the odds of being accepted into lower choices is but don’t feel like they are high!

yes it is!
aw nooo, I felt absolutely gutted when I got the email too. I’m not even sure if they’re putting me up for clearing right now, my hopes are so low... hang in there, there might be better news on the way soon!
Did you apply anywhere else?
Has anyone heard from Collecting and Curating the Modern?
Original post by sadoatmilk

I'm really sorry to hear that! Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you get into clearing.
Can I just ask if you heard back from both options at the same time or if they came in separately? I have also been passed over for my first option and have heard nothing on the second so I'm wondering how this all works.
I'm really sorry to hear that! Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you get into clearing.
Can I just ask if you heard back from both options at the same time or if they came in separately? I have also been passed over for my first option and have heard nothing on the second so I'm wondering how this all works.

I’ve been passed over for both my first and second options and heard from them separately, a few days in between- still waiting to hear back from my final option
hey, has anyone applied to curating the museum at the Courtauld? I'm still waiting but it seems that every year people hear rather late. I’m still nervous though!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending