The Student Room Group

UCL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwert7890
It lowkey feels like I’ve made it through what appeared to be an endless tunnel lmao. Thankfully, I can now crank down the psychotic obsessions with people who’re getting offers/interviews because I don’t care anymore :tongue:

honestly just the relief once youve gotten an offer :tongue: although ive got my last interview for barts on wednesday and i dont want to waste the interview invite i got but i am so so tired at this point
Reply 61
Hi all international offer holders! Can you let us know where you are from? :smile:
Original post by ^v^
Hi all international offer holders! Can you let us know where you are from? :smile:

International interviewed on the 14th here. I'm from India ^_^
Original post by ThicMitochondria
International interviewed on the 14th here. I'm from India ^_^

Oh same, 14th and from India :biggrin: Just curious, what are your stats?
So glad I’m watching this thread now :biggrin:
Original post by KaziMahathir
So glad I’m watching this thread now :biggrin:

:party: You deserve it!! And yes, it's a different class of happiness :biggrin: :tongue:
:party: You deserve it!! And yes, it's a different class of happiness :biggrin: :tongue:

Thanks man, you too! Fr it hits different haha
Oh hello :banana: some familiar posters here already
Original post by John Wick11
Oh hello :banana: some familiar posters here already

:groovy: ayeee hi!
Has anyone been invited to some sort of Offer Holder day? Do we have that this year?
Reply 70
Has anyone been invited to some sort of Offer Holder day? Do we have that this year?

No I don't think there's been any news on that yet . Think we have to wait to find out
Original post by 24ioan
No I don't think there's been any news on that yet . Think we have to wait to find out

if it is it'll be zoom kmt
Original post by peshwari
if it is it'll be zoom kmt

:// istg I refuse to start uni if things are online from September
Okay this is going to sound dumb because I know there isn't any early patient contact, but is there early clinical skills teaching at UCL? Ex. taking blood pressures, drawing blood, etc.? Or would that only commence 4th year onwards?
Okay this is going to sound dumb because I know there isn't any early patient contact, but is there early clinical skills teaching at UCL? Ex. taking blood pressures, drawing blood, etc.? Or would that only commence 4th year onwards?

This video talks about 'clinical and professional practise' (Skip to 3:35) which I think is the only form of clinical skills in the preclinical years although I'm not completely sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxX4hiAweE&t=294s
Original post by aque1408
This video talks about 'clinical and professional practise' (Skip to 3:35) which I think is the only form of clinical skills in the preclinical years although I'm not completely sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxX4hiAweE&t=294s

Thank you so much! Yes, it appears that CPPs are the way UCL students learn clinical skills in Year 1/2. I thought CPPs were generally on ethics / communication, etc. but turns out one of the modules is for Clinical Skills so that's great :smile:
:// istg I refuse to start uni if things are online from September

it would be so sad actually :/ to get this far and then our first year will be spent online.. i really hope things sort out by september
Original post by aeneas_son
it would be so sad actually :/ to get this far and then our first year will be spent online.. i really hope things sort out by september

Me too :frown: I still can’t believe we’re already 2 months into 2021 lmao. Are you looking to firm UCL?
Original post by aeneas_son

Yeah. My friend started at Barts this year. Classes were online, she hardly knows anyone else on her course other than those in her Zoom groups.
Original post by John Wick11
Yeah. My friend started at Barts this year. Classes were online, she hardly knows anyone else on her course other than those in her Zoom groups.

:frown: at least we’ll have some form of freshers week (?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending