The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL BA Media

Hi, I haven't seen many people that applied to the BA Media at UCL. I got my offer today, so was wondering if anyone else has applied or got an offer :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, i've had my offer about a week or so ago for BA media at UCL and am thinking of making it my firm !
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I'm already a student at UCL but i may be transferring to Media. How old are you guys? @sophie1768 @joe.c_
Reply 3
Original post by kendra2001
I'm already a student at UCL but i may be transferring to Media. How old are you guys? @sophie1768 @joe.c_

i'm in year 13 atm :smile:
Reply 4
I didn't realise that I had made this in the imperial college section oops
Reply 5
Original post by joe.c_
i'm in year 13 atm :smile:

im in year 13 as well! im 17. I got an offer for media after a long wait aha but it is a new course, I don't know if its new as of 2020 sept or 2021 sept. Im also applying for drama schools so its dependent on whether I get into those if I go or don't go to ucl :smile:
Original post by sophie1768
I didn't realise that I had made this in the imperial college section oops

I've moved this to the UCL forum for you now :smile:
Reply 7
im in year 13 as well! im 17. I got an offer for media after a long wait aha but it is a new course, I don't know if its new as of 2020 sept or 2021 sept. Im also applying for drama schools so its dependent on whether I get into those if I go or don't go to ucl :smile:

i'm pretty sure it's new for 2021, but it seems like a really good opportunity so i'm proper considering it! i'm either going UCL or york for interactive media. good luck w the drama applications !
Reply 8
Original post by joe.c_
i'm pretty sure it's new for 2021, but it seems like a really good opportunity so i'm proper considering it! i'm either going UCL or york for interactive media. good luck w the drama applications !

thank you so much :smile:. this course sounds so cool, I love how they have different pathways we can take.
Reply 9
Original post by artful_lounger
I've moved this to the UCL forum for you now :smile:

thank you !!
Reply 10
thank you so much :smile:. this course sounds so cool, I love how they have different pathways we can take.

yeah i really like how it's more practical than most media degrees, the chance to do practical work is a major plus for me, i think i'll probably take the third pathway if i do the course (the one where u focus on production) :u:
Original post by joe.c_
yeah i really like how it's more practical than most media degrees, the chance to do practical work is a major plus for me, i think i'll probably take the third pathway if i do the course (the one where u focus on production) :u:

yeah I feel like I would take the 1st pathway aha
Would you mind telling me what is your predicted grade? I am still waiting for the result.
Reply 13
Original post by HelloScooppy
Would you mind telling me what is your predicted grade? I am still waiting for the result.

my predicteds are AAB, i sent my UCAS off on the 4th december and i got an offer from UCL on the 3rd feb so it took about 2 months to get a reply for my application

im predicted AAA, I sent my ucas off on the 7th December and heard from them on the 3rd feb as well. You also obvs need the language GCSE grade 5 or higher as well.
Reply 15
im predicted AAA, I sent my ucas off on the 7th December and heard from them on the 3rd feb as well. You also obvs need the language GCSE grade 5 or higher as well.

you do?? i didnt do a language lmao
Original post by joe.c_
you do?? i didnt do a language lmao

oh really? they said on their website that cos their quite an International school that they require a gsce language at grade 5 or higher but if you got an offer without then that's fab
That makes me feel nervous. My PG is also AAB, my language GCSE is 8. But I didn’t take neither media or film in my A level.
That makes me feel nervous. My PG is also AAB, my language GCSE is 8. But I didn’t take neither media or film in my A level.

neither did I!! I got a 5 in my German GCSE and for a levels im doing drama, music and geography. You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 19
oh really? they said on their website that cos their quite an International school that they require a gsce language at grade 5 or higher but if you got an offer without then that's fab

i dodged a bullet there then looool
i think i have to take a language module when i'm there or something like that to compensate i remember looking over the entry requirements for a bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending