The Student Room Group

gcse arabic 2021

hi guys,
im in year 10 and sighned up to do gcse arabic this year. im so confused right now as some people are saying that gcse arabic will go ahead this year and some people saying only speaking will be cancelled. What do you guys think is going to happen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which Board, Fleur?
Reply 2
Original post by Kerzen
Which Board, Fleur?

pearson edexel
Reply 3
Original post by Fleur.
hi guys,
im in year 10 and sighned up to do gcse arabic this year. im so confused right now as some people are saying that gcse arabic will go ahead this year and some people saying only speaking will be cancelled. What do you guys think is going to happen?

oh lol im also doing it and i've been told that it's been cancelled. We did december mocks and we have another seto of mocks in march and we got told that they're going to average out between the two and any work we handed in. Hope this helpsx
Reply 5
Original post by sorrymenotyou
oh lol im also doing it and i've been told that it's been cancelled. We did december mocks and we have another seto of mocks in march and we got told that they're going to average out between the two and any work we handed in. Hope this helpsx

really, we didnt do any mock so far, i think its because in my school doesnt teach arabic i study in a arabic school. do you think all schools will do gcse arabic mocks. Is your exam board edexel?
Original post by Fleur.
really, we didnt do any mock so far, i think its because in my school doesnt teach arabic i study in a arabic school. do you think all schools will do gcse arabic mocks. Is your exam board edexel?

oh okay so im also doing it with an arabic school- i think they should try and organise mocks for you even if just online- yep i have the same exam board pearson edexcel- so I can say for sure that gcse's are formally cancelled- so no chance of those- but i honestly do think that your arabic school will probably give you mocks like mine did- if not it will be based on your work- im assuming you have online lessons during lockdown- but if not why not send an email in yo your teacher asking them to clarify things for youxxx Hope that helped in any way. Good Luck! How are you finding it so far
Reply 7
Original post by sorrymenotyou
oh okay so im also doing it with an arabic school- i think they should try and organise mocks for you even if just online- yep i have the same exam board pearson edexcel- so I can say for sure that gcse's are formally cancelled- so no chance of those- but i honestly do think that your arabic school will probably give you mocks like mine did- if not it will be based on your work- im assuming you have online lessons during lockdown- but if not why not send an email in yo your teacher asking them to clarify things for youxxx Hope that helped in any way. Good Luck! How are you finding it so far

this helps so much thank you !
Original post by Fleur.
this helps so much thank you !

cool anytimex
Original post by Fleur.
hi guys,

I did the Arabic GCSE this November GCSE's are cancelled for this year but if ur school teaches Arabic then ur going to get graded on work that u have done
Reply 10
Original post by Hawraa.A
I did the Arabic GCSE this November GCSE's are cancelled for this year but if ur school teaches Arabic then ur going to get graded on work that u have done

oh ok, but what if your school doesnt teach arabic and your arabic school doesnt do mocks, do you know what you'll graded on, and do you think we will have to submit any work and by when?
Original post by Fleur.
oh ok, but what if your school doesnt teach arabic and your arabic school doesnt do mocks, do you know what you'll graded on, and do you think we will have to submit any work and by when?

I had that problem and the school asked if i wanted to do it in nov 2020 as i was meant to do it in the summer of 2020 i think there will be november exams 2021 but without speaking cos of covid btw i just go my results and i got a 9
Reply 12
I had that problem and the school asked if i wanted to do it in nov 2020 as i was meant to do it in the summer of 2020 i think there will be november exams 2021 but without speaking cos of covid btw i just go my results and i got a 9

oh ok, wow that's amazing i'm really happy for you
Original post by Fleur.
oh ok, wow that's amazing i'm really happy for you

awww thanks, people think it's easy as it marked as a heritage language at my school but no there is nothing heritage about Modern Standard Arabic as an Iraqi I know Iraqi Arabic and understand all other dialects with the exception of Morrocan although it did become easier to understand once I started learning french. I got a 9 because I've been going to Arabic school since reception
Reply 14
awww thanks, people think it's easy as it marked as a heritage language at my school but no there is nothing heritage about Modern Standard Arabic as an Iraqi I know Iraqi Arabic and understand all other dialects with the exception of Morrocan although it did become easier to understand once I started learning french. I got a 9 because I've been going to Arabic school since reception

omgd yh same, im moroccan and i find it hart sometimes to communicate in proper arabic and be fluent, this is because i am moroccan and most people think its thesame as arabic. The only reason im kinda good at arabic is because i was in arabic skl since i was in yr 1 and watched arabic shows and channels like mbc3 since i was a baby
Original post by Fleur.
omgd yh same, im moroccan and i find it hart sometimes to communicate in proper arabic and be fluent, this is because i am moroccan and most people think its thesame as arabic. The only reason im kinda good at arabic is because i was in arabic skl since i was in yr 1 and watched arabic shows and channels like mbc3 since i was a baby

omg mbc3 i thought that was just me btw where r u living
Reply 16
omg mbc3 i thought that was just me btw where r u living

lool, london but im from morocco (i go there every yr for the whole summer)
hello does anyone know the topics for the november 2020 exam for arabic gcse higher plsss thank you!!!
Original post by zainab74945994
hello does anyone know the topics for the november 2020 exam for arabic gcse higher plsss thank you!!!

identity and culture holidays pros and cons of social media etc go on the edexcel website
Hi guys, I did my gcse Arabic this year(they were June 2020 exams), my school doesn’t teach Arabic, but I was still assessed over there. Do you guys know when we will receive results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending