The Student Room Group

University help!

say i completed 2 alevels and an epq due to me having to drop an alevel and all this is because of mental helath stuff i've been going through over the 2 years of sixth form, and as unis require 3 alevels in one sitting, decide to just start over and do 3 new alevels? do unis care if i do 2 sets of alevels? woould they even consider all of my alevels or just the latest set that i do? I've just been going through so much stresss and my school aint helping tbh
do u think all unis want 3 alevels in one sitting?
Original post by km_mk2
say i completed 2 alevels and an epq due to me having to drop an alevel and all this is because of mental helath stuff i've been going through over the 2 years of sixth form, and as unis require 3 alevels in one sitting, decide to just start over and do 3 new alevels? do unis care if i do 2 sets of alevels? woould they even consider all of my alevels or just the latest set that i do? I've just been going through so much stresss and my school aint helping tbh

Ignore the child above.

It's mainly only the very top universities that insist on 3 A-levels in one sitting.
Original post by km_mk2

Contact a few unis you might consider to ask.

It's unlikely they will mind that your qualifications have been completed over more than one session, (unless they are very competitive courses). Especially if you have documentation explaining that you did so for health reasons.
You can go to uni but you probably will be a bit limited in your choice (but thats fine if you don't mind). As the person above has already stated contact a few unis (ask quite a few would be my advice). You have a good reason as to why. I would try and get in your reference about it and maybe a doctors note if you can. They may suggest doing a foundation course which is a great option and only 1 year long. This will also probably allow you to go to a slightly better uni so I would check out foundation courses just in case (as a back up sort of option).
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Ignore the child above.

It's mainly only the very top universities that insist on 3 A-levels in one sitting.

ohh im assuming the message got deleted ahah what did they say,
and i see, I'll contact some of the unis i guess
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Contact a few unis you might consider to ask.

It's unlikely they will mind that your qualifications have been completed over more than one session, (unless they are very competitive courses). Especially if you have documentation explaining that you did so for health reasons.

ahh thank you! I'll contact a few unis i guess! and yeah deffo i guess
Reply 6
Original post by something_orphic
You can go to uni but you probably will be a bit limited in your choice (but thats fine if you don't mind). As the person above has already stated contact a few unis (ask quite a few would be my advice). You have a good reason as to why. I would try and get in your reference about it and maybe a doctors note if you can. They may suggest doing a foundation course which is a great option and only 1 year long. This will also probably allow you to go to a slightly better uni so I would check out foundation courses just in case (as a back up sort of option).

I see, i'll try and contact some of the unis and see what they say i guess!
Original post by km_mk2
ohh im assuming the message got deleted ahah what did they say,
and i see, I'll contact some of the unis i guess

Yep and they were banned. Just obnoxious crap.

Yep, just ask the unis that you're interested in. Most will be fine about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending