The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Have you guys planned on going to the virtual open day now with like a mindset that's "this is my uni"

I've attended before but mostly with the mindset of trying to think of how and why I like this (like for interview)
Hi offer holders, my conditions have changed to aaa, but have not received an offer confirmation email. How long did it take for you take one, once your portal had changed the conditions
Reply 42
Original post by protocolist
Hi offer holders, my conditions have changed to aaa, but have not received an offer confirmation email. How long did it take for you take one, once your portal had changed the conditions

UCAS confirmed at around 7PM same day (after conditions changed at around 1:30). ARU email first thing in the morning the day after. May vary though. Congratulations!!:smile:
Original post by Furbs
Oo will you be moving from far?

What are you doing in your gap. I was literally planning to start ucat practice when offer finally came. I so hope that lockdown eases a tiny little bit.. I'd love to go and see the campus!!

I’m literally just working full time at sainsburys as there’s nothing else to do as we can’t travel haha. Might as well make some dolla before uni! And deffo gunna do a virtual day so I can see the uni a bit more :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by protocolist

I literally got my ucas update at 6.02pm.
Reply 45
Original post by Hannahkabannah
I’m literally just working full time at sainsburys as there’s nothing else to do as we can’t travel haha. Might as well make some dolla before uni! And deffo gunna do a virtual day so I can see the uni a bit more :smile:

I know what you mean!!! Really wanted to go away for a holiday before I start. But for now I'll be glad if I can make it to Hyde park
Original post by skdffksnjjj
is ARU everyone's top choice?

I am hoping for an interview from King's EMDP and an offer but if not then ARU is my first choice! :wink:
Hey guys!

I’m currently on a gap year, I was a resit student who originally sat my a-levels in 2019, but because of the pandemic I had to take a second gap year! But I was lucky enough to have a deferred offer and I met my offer after I sat the autumn exams - thank godd!

So now i’m just chilling and decided to check up on tsr so I can start chatting to offer holders who I’ll hopefully meet in september :smile:
Original post by Furbs
Oo will you be moving from far?

What are you doing in your gap. I was literally planning to start ucat practice when offer finally came. I so hope that lockdown eases a tiny little bit.. I'd love to go and see the campus!!

Hopefully restrictions will ease during summer, because they normally hold an offer holders day so we can explore the campus and meet everyone.

But I guess you’re probably more keen to see it in person since you never got a chance to at interviews.
Just so you know the campus is really nice and peaceful, I remember not expecting much the first time I went which was for interviews, but I was pleasantly surprised, and the town is really lovely too. Also the med school looks way bigger in person!
Anyone a school leaver? I'm so excited to go, it was my first choice right from the beginning :smile: Hoping I can travel over at some point to see the uni or at least visit Chelmsford, fingers crossed lockdown restrictions ease a little!
Reply 50
Original post by goldenpoop
Hopefully restrictions will ease during summer, because they normally hold an offer holders day so we can explore the campus and meet everyone.

But I guess you’re probably more keen to see it in person since you never got a chance to at interviews.
Just so you know the campus is really nice and peaceful, I remember not expecting much the first time I went which was for interviews, but I was pleasantly surprised, and the town is really lovely too. Also the med school looks way bigger in person!

Exactly. I want to be able to see the campus in person. My husbands been and did say it was a really nice campus. The facilities were good too but I just want to be able to go myself. Would be great to have an offer holders day!! If we safely can
Reply 51
Original post by goldenpoop
Hey guys!

I’m currently on a gap year, I was a resit student who originally sat my a-levels in 2019, but because of the pandemic I had to take a second gap year! But I was lucky enough to have a deferred offer and I met my offer after I sat the autumn exams - thank godd!

So now i’m just chilling and decided to check up on tsr so I can start chatting to offer holders who I’ll hopefully meet in september :smile:

Ahh we'll see you in Sept then with us?
Original post by Frezza123
Anyone a school leaver? I'm so excited to go, it was my first choice right from the beginning :smile: Hoping I can travel over at some point to see the uni or at least visit Chelmsford, fingers crossed lockdown restrictions ease a little!

I am🌝 However, i’m not fresh out of school, i’m on my second gap year but I was born in summer so technically i’m not much older than school leavers. But I will be 20 when I join in september
Original post by Furbs
Exactly. I want to be able to see the campus in person. My husbands been and did say it was a really nice campus. The facilities were good too but I just want to be able to go myself. Would be great to have an offer holders day!! If we safely can

It’s quite difficult to tell what life will look like next week let alone in a few months! Fingers crossed though :smile:
Original post by Furbs
Ahh we'll see you in Sept then with us?

Definitely, I can’t wait!

I am! Currently in y13 stressing over mocks lol esp w the situation w exam cancellation :/

Me!! I def want to visit the campus if I can. Congrats on your offer
Original post by haba0809
I am! Currently in y13 stressing over mocks lol esp w the situation w exam cancellation :/

Aw I know, I'm hoping the teachers will be nice and just give us at least 3 A's lol. Its scary because teachers don't even know what's happening via grades (at least mine don't lol)
Original post by Knockanboy
Me!! I def want to visit the campus if I can. Congrats on your offer

thank you, you too! Same!!!! It'll be so funny meeting people at ARU that we may have spoke to on here lol!
Does everyone get an offer at the same time or does this vary

Latest

Trending

Trending