The Student Room Group

Confusion about what evidence to supply for loan

I am a mature student, over 25, and I live with my partner. I have lived independently for over 3 years previous to this year, working full time (and throughout my studies too), when my partner moved in (2021). When it comes to applying for a maintenance loan, it wants me to provide the P60 for the previous tax year. Do I need to provide my own P60? Do I need to provide my partner's P60, even though they weren't living with me at that point? My partner has been in and out of work since march 2020 due to the pandemic. I'm unsure exactly what I need to provide.
When I start my Uni course, I will cut down to part-time work. How does all of this effect me on the loan front? Im struggling to find the right information on the Gov website.
Original post by Katie_Reynolds
I am a mature student, over 25, and I live with my partner. I have lived independently for over 3 years previous to this year, working full time (and throughout my studies too), when my partner moved in (2021). When it comes to applying for a maintenance loan, it wants me to provide the P60 for the previous tax year. Do I need to provide my own P60? Do I need to provide my partner's P60, even though they weren't living with me at that point? My partner has been in and out of work since march 2020 due to the pandemic. I'm unsure exactly what I need to provide.
When I start my Uni course, I will cut down to part-time work. How does all of this effect me on the loan front? Im struggling to find the right information on the Gov website.

Hi Katie, students are not required to provide their earnings, unless your employer releases you to study (pays you a salary to attend university) or if you have any unearned income.
You can work while you study and we don't need to know about your earned income.

You will need to provide your partners income and this will be used to determine how much funding you can receive.

When does your course start?
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Katie, students are not required to provide their earnings, unless your employer releases you to study (pays you a salary to attend university) or if you have any unearned income.
You can work while you study and we don't need to know about your earned income.

You will need to provide your partners income and this will be used to determine how much funding you can receive.

When does your course start?
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks, I'll be starting in September so I think I'm right in saying that I can apply for student finance from next month
Original post by Katie_Reynolds
Thanks, I'll be starting in September so I think I'm right in saying that I can apply for student finance from next month

Correct :smile: as long as you are an undergraduate applicant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending