The Student Room Group

Someone helpp....i feel distressed ...thanks

as my target grades are all 3s and i really want to go to sixth form but can someone tell me how I could get from a 3 to a 5 but also she i revise really hard in the half terms comming as our gcses are cancelled sooo.... but also is there a chance to improve on my grades as i have done bad in my mocks and i really want to go sixth form . please someone tell me thanks

i struggle alot with english literature and foundation maths please help

how could i go about revsiing for subjects like english and maths?

how could I get a 5 in my gcses instead of all 3s at gcses? un-watch

My gcses 2021 are cancelled nooooooooooooo i hope they do mini exams pleaseeeeeeee
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
anyoune??
Reply 2
Do you have confirmation from the Sixth Form you wish to attend as to which grades and which subjects you need to offer to get a place with them?
Reply 3
The GCSE Bitesize website is probably what you need:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z98jmp3
Reply 4
o

Original post by Kerzen
Do you have confirmation from the Sixth Form you wish to attend as to which grades and which subjects you need to offer to get a place with them?

oh for sixht for i am studying health and social care which i need a 4 in maths and 4 in english , sociology need 5 in english language and studying law too need to get a grade 5 in english language..........

is there a possibility i could go to sixth form if my target grades are all 3s or noo

i wish to pursue a career further and go to university

how could i get a higher teacher assessed grades please???
Reply 5
Original post by Kerzen
The GCSE Bitesize website is probably what you need:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z98jmp3

aww thanks
Reply 6
I'm sure this is a conversation I have had on TSR very recently.

Entry to a Sixth Form is going to be dependent on what that particular Sixth Form asks you for in terms of subjects and grades.

What would your local Sixth Form require for entry?

You need to know this.
Reply 7
Original post by Kerzen
I'm sure this is a conversation I have had on TSR very recently.

Entry to a Sixth Form is going to be dependent on what that particular Sixth Form asks you for in terms of subjects and grades.

What would your local Sixth Form require for entry?

You need to know this.

oh im in year 11 now and I am really scared of my grades....I hope they do mini exams really

These are the entry requirements for the subjects i applied to study at sixth form in September 2021
to study at sixth form I need these grades to study at a-level:
Law: A grade english language at grade 5
Sociology : I need to have a grade 5 in english language
Btec health and social care : I need grade 4 in maths and grade 4 in English

As my target grades the ones i got from ks2 are all 3s and i am not sure If i could improve on my grades and achieve higher?....

Is there any chance i could go to sixth form or no?.........I hope to try my best now and do best in my mocks and exams now as our gcses 2021 got cancelled soooo........... please tell me how i could get higher gradess.......
Reply 8
Original post by user56789
as my target grades are all 3s and i really want to go to sixth form but can someone tell me how I could get from a 3 to a 5 but also she i revise really hard in the half terms comming as our gcses are cancelled sooo.... but also is there a chance to improve on my grades as i have done bad in my mocks and i really want to go sixth form . please someone tell me thanks

My gcses 2021 are cancelled nooooooooooooo i hope they do mini exams pleaseeeeeeee

Like the previous person mentioned, bbc bitesize is a really good resource, you can customise it so they give content suited to the exam board your school was going to use (before exams were cancelled.) Other good resources for maths are probably Corbett Maths (they give video explanations along with practice questions, really helps with revision) and Dr Frost Maths (similar resources to Corbett.) Online videos for certain topics can be super helpful too.
Also, try speaking to some of your teachers. Hopefully they will be willing to help you with whatever you're struggling with. This would also benefit you if you receive teacher-assessed grades, as you can make a better impression and learn more. Enthusiasm is key.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by c.o.r.a
Like the previous person mentioned, bbc bitesize is a really good resource, you can customise it so they give content suited to the exam board your school was going to use (before exams were cancelled.) Other good resources for maths are probably Corbett Maths (they give video explanations along with practice questions, really helps with revision) and Dr Frost Maths (similar resources to Corbett.) Online videos for certain topics can be super helpful too.
Also, try speaking to some of your teachers. Hopefully they will be willing to help you with whatever your struggling with. This would also benefit you if you receive teacher-assessed grades, as you can make a better impression and learn more. Enthusiasm is key.

awwww thanks sooo much ill revise in this hald term as i want to do my fullest and hardest thanks soo much and yh i will talk to my teachers to thanks...

help u with every subject if ur preddicted all 3s. i think the best way with the stem subjects are past papers with english its example questions i can help u tho dm me. 2nd thing is that even if mini exams dont happen there will be some way that they will assess u without predicteds

Is there a sixth form in your school?
I would recommend you attend every online lessons that you have (even if they're boring) and if you don't understand something, you could email and ask your teacher for help.
I would also recommend doing lots of past papers that are quite recent. If you aren't sure about where to find them, it's best to ask your teachers for help on where to find it.
Last year (when I was in yr 11), my final predicted grade for maths was 4 and for English (lit & lang) it was 3. So, I decided to resist my exams in November. I only had 40 days to revise for all these subjects. During school days, I had to go to revision lessons for English every week until the exams. Star I got my results, I received 5 for both English (lang) and maths.
And dw too much about it cuz you still have time to revise for these subjects. Good luck!!
Original post by c.o.r.a
Also, try speaking to some of your teachers. Hopefully they will be willing to help you with whatever you're struggling with. This would also benefit you if you receive teacher-assessed grades, as you can make a better impression and learn more. Enthusiasm is key.

the gcse maths tutor is also rllyyy good for maths!

for my maths i just done lots of past papers online. Onmaths is a good website for predicted papers and it also tells u ur marks as u go along.
same with english tbh i done questions i struggle on n then gave it to my teacher to mark it and give feedback on. also watch mr bruff on youtube

Quick Reply

Latest