The Student Room Group

Anyone wanna talk politics???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stumpy1001
occasional use is legitimate, ham fisting loads of executive orders especially on issues that are polarizing is undemocratic , which consequently is something Biden himself alluded to before winning the election (i will see if i can find the video). Also when you consider this election was a lot closer than the media would lead you to believe and that's before we even mention potential voter fraud it just seems a bit backroomish.
you are right that technically they are not laws , and can be repealed by the supreme court. But can you trust the judicial system in america right now?
they are wasting how much tax payer money impeaching a president that's no longer in office?

1. Executive orders no matter the amount are not undemocratic. The constitution places executive power with the President.
2. The election wasn't really that close, he had substantial margins of victory in a number of swing states and he won over 50% of the popular vote with a margin of 7m+.
3. In every election there are small levels of voter fraud. It's idiots who choose to break the law by voting twice. However, there is no evidence of substantial voter fraud or large scale organised voter fraud that would change the outcome of the election. Biden is the legitimate winner, as Trump's own lawyer admitted yesterday.
4. Yes I can trust the judicial system in America. If anything, the odds should be stacked against Biden. The Supreme Court has a 6-3 conservative majority and during Trump's a significant number of conservative federal judges were appointed.
5. Trump has already been impeached. The trial is constitutional and legitimate as he incited an insurrection.
Can’t argue with you because it’s a fact .

I thought Biden believe in democracy , yet in his first two week in office he has signed more executive orders than trump,Obama and bush combined within the same time frame. And yet his party has holds a majority in Congress . So why isn’t he taking his motions to floor and letting them be debated as per the American democratic system.

In terms of executive orders, he has signed a lot of them but may it would be worth considering what they do?
For example, he rejoined the Paris climate agreement, which is the right thing to do as climate change is having and will have an even greater impact in the future on if appropriate actions aren't taken.

This article lists every executive action that Biden signed: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/08/joe-biden-executive-orders
Love Trump the best and Funniest president ever.
Man of the people Joe Biden needs 10'000 soldiers to protect him from the public.

Imagine the howling from Western media if Putin resorted to that .
Original post by Starship Trooper
Man of the people Joe Biden needs 10'000 soldiers to protect him from the public.

Imagine the howling from Western media if Putin resorted to that .

Man of the people, Donald Trump incited an insurrection on the national legislature.

Imagine the howling from Western media if Putin resorted to that.
Original post by Keir Starmer
Man of the people, Donald Trump incited an insurrection on the national legislature.

If Trump had wanted to do that he'd have have been successful

i really hate this passing of the buck that goem on in our society now .
Trump didn’t incite anything . He is not responsible for other people actions or words on for his own . Instead of blaming trump for the actions of a minority of conservative idiots why not Blame the morons who actually did it .
i really hate this passing of the buck that goem on in our society now .
Trump didn’t incite anything . He is not responsible for other people actions or words on for his own . Instead of blaming trump for the actions of a minority of conservative idiots why not Blame the morons who actually did it .

Look at the impact of his words and you'll see how that incited the riot. There were reports that he didn't mind what was going on which is believable given that he referred to the rioters as 'special people'. Also, the rioters aren't conservative idiots. There is nothing conservative about storming the Capitol building. They were trump supporting idiots.
Look at the impact of his words and you'll see how that incited the riot. There were reports that he didn't mind what was going on which is believable given that he referred to the rioters as 'special people'. Also, the rioters aren't conservative idiots. There is nothing conservative about storming the Capitol building. They were trump supporting idiots.

i was referring to the trump supporting idiots as conservative because they most probably are. There are idiots on all sides of the political field. Let not pretend for a second that the BLM riots were all peaceful, they weren't. how many of those idiots who assaulted people, robbed stores , killed people etc voted Biden, probably some if not a lot. Why wasn't Biden held responsible for their actions, why wasn't the media?, because Biden is not responsible for what other people say and do, he is only responsible for what he says or does. I get annoyed because i like so many people around the world but more importantly those in America heard his statements over the past couple of years and not at any point did we(who by the way vastly outnumber the morons who did) storm the capital. Yet somehow despite this he is responsible for inciting it. Goes back to what I said earlier , stop blaming trump for the stupid actions of some of his more moronic voters, nobody does this with Biden, they only do it with Trump because of the general bias towards him.

As for the reports saying he didn't mind it was going on, sounds like the same ones linking him to far right extremists. I have seen him on two separate occasions now denounce the actions at capital hill/same as white supremacists (although alot more times) yet the media still refuse to acknowledge it. I don't like everything trump says and does, but i call a spade a spade, what does this man have to do , should he denounce it in every speech he does the rest of his life?, should he take one of the perpetrators and execute them publicly to show lack of solidarity with them? .Also not everybody that day were violent, there were some peaceful elements. This is just media bias, this man could cure cancer tomorrow and people would still find a way to criticise.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by chloenicole.g
I know that this is based in the UK, but there are American members, and I really like to argue. Could I have anybody argue with me over the fact that Trump was a better president than Biden will ever be?

I mean there was the whole mishandling a pandemic thing.
i was referring to the trump supporting idiots as conservative because they most probably are. There are idiots on all sides of the political field. Let not pretend for a second that the BLM riots were all peaceful, they weren't. how many of those idiots who assaulted people, robbed stores , killed people etc voted Biden, probably some if not a lot. Why wasn't Biden held responsible for their actions, why wasn't the media?, because Biden is not responsible for what other people say and do, he is only responsible for what he says or does. I get annoyed because i like so many people around the world but more importantly those in America heard his statements over the past couple of years and not at any point did we(who by the way vastly outnumber the morons who did) storm the capital. Yet somehow despite this he is responsible for inciting it. Goes back to what I said earlier , stop blaming trump for the stupid actions of some of his more moronic voters, nobody does this with Biden, they only do it with Trump because of the general bias towards him.

As for the reports saying he didn't mind it was going on, sounds like the same ones linking him to far right extremists. I have seen him on two separate occasions now denounce the actions at capital hill/same as white supremacists (although alot more times) yet the media still refuse to acknowledge it. I don't like everything trump says and does, but i call a spade a spade, what does this man have to do , should he denounce it in every speech he does the rest of his life?, should he take one of the perpetrators and execute them publicly to show lack of solidarity with them? .Also not everybody that day were violent, there were some peaceful elements. This is just media bias, this man could cure cancer tomorrow and people would still find a way to criticise.

Biden isn’t held responsible because his words or the impact of his words could in no way be interpreted as calling for violence. Whereas Trump used words as ‘fight’ and continued to lie that the election was not valid which angered people who believed him.
While I neither agree not disagree (bar foreign policy Trump gets too much credit and hate and Biden is sailing on inflated expectations in a similar manner to Obama) it's a relatively foolish debate to have at this stage since I see no evidence from this conversation that anybody has really read either manifesto to critically evaluate and compare them and therefore your basing assertions off a 4 year performance Vs 1 month.

Recreate this thread in 2 years I say.
Biden isn’t held responsible because his words or the impact of his words could in no way be interpreted as calling for violence. Whereas Trump used words as ‘fight’ and continued to lie that the election was not valid which angered people who believed him.

Well at least logic prevailed

Trump was acquitted. What a waste of money

The use of the term “fight” is such a reach come on man . Loads of people use that term for various things. “He is fighting for his survival

he’s got a real fight on his hand to convince people I could go on . None of those have any obvious connotations of violence .
the fact that’s your “evidence” for his incitement to violence only proves your ,and everybody else who believed these sham accusations, incessant need to attribute everything trump
says and does to some alt nefarious motive .
That’s why he’s been acquitted , all feelings no facts . I was enjoying our debate up until this point but the fact you used the term “fight” a term totally removed form context as justification for taking away a mans freedom is shocking. As for the voter fraud , whether or not it is true or not is irrelevant. He is allowed to have an opinion and follow through on it as he did in the courts. The fact some idiots used that narrative and took it too far is on them . Again goes back to what I said earlier , blame the idiots who did it . Let me phrase it this way , many millions of Americans heard his claims and not all
of them stormed capital hill after being worked up into a frenzy . I’m not happy with bides executive order ( as are many others) effectively cancelling competitive sports in schools for girls. ( I’m refer the the order , to allow all trans women to compete with absolutely no caveat whatsoever ) . If we all were to violently riot over it should Biden be responsible for it ? No of course not, we would and should be.

Also these voter irregularities are considered genuine by millions of people , I often get suspicious when large swarms of people believe in something , it usually means there is some element of truth to it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
While I neither agree not disagree (bar foreign policy Trump gets too much credit and hate and Biden is sailing on inflated expectations in a similar manner to Obama) it's a relatively foolish debate to have at this stage since I see no evidence from this conversation that anybody has really read either manifesto to critically evaluate and compare them and therefore your basing assertions off a 4 year performance Vs 1 month.

Recreate this thread in 2 years I say.

I’m basing my opinions off of a career politician who has accomplished nothing . A man who says one thing ie we won’t be getting rid of fraking” so that he can win the Pennsylvania vote and now he’s in does a complete reverse on that . I’m also basing it on a guy who says if you have trouble deciding who to vote for me or trump you ain’t black . A guy who thinks blackness is voting democrat and anyone who goes against that looses their “black card” .
I’m basing this on a guy who likens poverty to black people . Basically an actual racist .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending