The Student Room Group

Official Korean Studies applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study Korean Studies at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hello !! i have an unconditional offer for sheffield uni 2021 korean with japanese !!<3
Original post by xmin02
hello !! i have an unconditional offer for sheffield uni 2021 korean with japanese !!<3

Hiiiiii! It's nice to meet you ^•^ I've got a conditional offer for Korean at Sheffield for 2021 entry :smile: Congrats on getting your offer! I didn't even know that unis were offering unconditional this year tbh 0•0
Reply 3
Original post by Monbebe03
Hiiiiii! It's nice to meet you ^•^ I've got a conditional offer for Korean at Sheffield for 2021 entry :smile: Congrats on getting your offer! I didn't even know that unis were offering unconditional this year tbh 0•0

nice to meet you !! >< i actually deferred my offer from last year so thats why its unconditional !! congrats on your offer too, where else have you applied?
Hey! I got a conditional for Korean studies at Sheffield for 2021:smile:
Reply 5
I applied for Korean studies with Japanese in Sheffield, I'm yet to hear back from them however if I get an offer they will surely be my first choice! If anyone has received an offer back from there please can you tell me how long it took for them to respond? getting worried hahaha
Original post by xasahi
I applied for Korean studies with Japanese in Sheffield, I'm yet to hear back from them however if I get an offer they will surely be my first choice! If anyone has received an offer back from there please can you tell me how long it took for them to respond? getting worried hahaha

It took Sheffield about a month to reply to me (and others that have also applied too). My application was sent before the Christmas period so it may have been that but try not to worry too much! I hope you hear from them soon, good luck! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by GraceH-8
It took Sheffield about a month to reply to me (and others that have also applied too). My application was sent before the Christmas period so it may have been that but try not to worry too much! I hope you hear from them soon, good luck! :smile:

thank you !! and congrats on your offer :smile:
Hello! ≧◡≦ I have offers from SOAS and Sheffield and UCLan! Originally I was gonna take a gap year and start in 2022, but I changed my mind lol, so I got my course start dates changed to 2021 now :smile:
Original post by xasahi
thank you !! and congrats on your offer :smile:

No problem at all! Thank you :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by xasahi

I applied around the 10th of October and received an offer on the 20th of November so roughly a month! :smile:
Reply 11
hi!! ive applied for a mix of different courses, but theyre all generally Asia studies w a focus on korea (at this point i hardly remember what i applied for lmao)
i applied to sheffield, uclan, soas, manchester and leeds!! just waiting to hear back from manchester :]
Original post by hollypm
hi!! ive applied for a mix of different courses, but theyre all generally Asia studies w a focus on korea (at this point i hardly remember what i applied for lmao)
i applied to sheffield, uclan, soas, manchester and leeds!! just waiting to hear back from manchester :]

Hello! That's really cool, I've applied to nearly all the same unis as you, except Cardiff instead of Manchester! What do you think you'll firm?
Reply 13
Original post by SiennaRose_03
Hello! That's really cool, I've applied to nearly all the same unis as you, except Cardiff instead of Manchester! What do you think you'll firm?

at the moment uclans my top pick, n sheffield and soas are tied at second,,, gonna do a bit more research into all of them first :'))
what about u??
Original post by hollypm
at the moment uclans my top pick, n sheffield and soas are tied at second,,, gonna do a bit more research into all of them first :'))
what about u??

Probably SOAS but I'm still dwelling on it before making a decision! I thought UCLan was cool bc of the size of the cohort is bigger and found the staff super informative! I really liked that there were student trips on offer. Are you applying for Asia Pacific Studies too?
Reply 15
Original post by SiennaRose_03
Probably SOAS but I'm still dwelling on it before making a decision! I thought UCLan was cool bc of the size of the cohort is bigger and found the staff super informative! I really liked that there were student trips on offer. Are you applying for Asia Pacific Studies too?

for uclan i applied for asia pacific studies, and for soas i applied for korean studies!! and same here, i wanna make sure i do enough research before i choose which one,,
Hi! I've firmed my offer for Korean studies. Struggling with choosing accommodation though :/ any advice? I'd like a good balance between social life and quiet time
Reply 17
Hi! I've also gotten a conditional offer for Korean from SOAS and Sheffield :smile:
Original post by Lili.H
Hi! I've also gotten a conditional offer for Korean from SOAS and Sheffield :smile:

Original post by abbiedaisyxox
Hi! I've firmed my offer for Korean studies. Struggling with choosing accommodation though :/ any advice? I'd like a good balance between social life and quiet time

Hello both! I have firmed my Korean offer for Sheffield too! :smile: I thought I’d reply to both in case it helps each of you.

From what I’ve heard, Endcliffe is the noiser and typically deemed the ‘party accommodation’ which in part may be due to the fact that it is bigger than Ranmoor. However, I think Ranmoor and Endcliffe are about a 5 minute walk from each other (don’t quote me on that) so access to each to meet friends may be equally as easy. So, if you wanted the quietness of Ranmoor, then you could easily get to Endcliffe to visit as well.

This is a map of their accommodation sites which REALLY helped me to grasp the location I wanted, and the block I wanted too:

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/maps-travel/accommodation

I think you need to weigh up what location you want and what you think you’ll prefer from staying at each accommodation area. For me, it was location that helped me decide what I wanted! There are some more extensive threads on TSR which may also help you with deciding where you want to live.
I hope this helped a little! Good luck with all your studies!! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lili.H
Hi! I've also gotten a conditional offer for Korean from SOAS and Sheffield

Do you know which one you're going to firm ? I've firmed Sheffield for Korean studies:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending