The Student Room Group

Written task for interview UNI 🎓

I have an interview for a primary education degree and the details of the interview state that there will be a written task given before the interview. It states that I would be sent access to an online form which includes a
written task.

I was wondering what this written task will involve and if it is difficult?
Written tasks will vary from uni to uni. If the uni wanted you to know details in advance, they would tell you them.

The written task usually serves to assess your ability to communicate in writing, so as long as you can write clearly with good grammar and spelling, you will be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Written tasks will vary from uni to uni. If the uni wanted you to know details in advance, they would tell you them.

The written task usually serves to assess your ability to communicate in writing, so as long as you can write clearly with good grammar and spelling, you will be fine.

Thanks for relying :smile:
It says that
''On the day of your interview you will be sent access to an online form which includes a brief
written task (you will need to watch a 5 minute embedded video of a lesson and write a
reflection).''

So what would this mean?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for relying :smile:
It says that
''On the day of your interview you will be sent access to an online form which includes a brief
written task (you will need to watch a 5 minute embedded video of a lesson and write a
reflection).''

So what would this mean?

Hello

Congratulations on receiving an invite to your interview. Do you have an adviser that you could use to help prepare for this? If not search 'Get into Teaching' and give us a call!

In regards to the written tasks at interview, providers are now responsible for making sure that all aspiring teachers are sufficiently literate and numerate to work as a teacher. As such, it's common place for tests such as these to be part of the interview process. From the information that you provide, the providers are looking for you to watch a video, and analyse the content of it (so you are not describing what you see, but demonstrating your understanding of it) and reflect on how it might affect the topic that the video is based upon. (Rather than, 'I saw a teacher demonstrate their high expectations of a student.' more, 'Teachers demonstrate their high expectations of a student for a number of reasons, these are ...')

It is likely that you'll be assessed on your ability to reflect and analyse the resource, as well as your SPAG.

Wishing you all the very best for a successful interview!

Jane
Reply 5
Original post by Get into Teaching
Hello

Congratulations on receiving an invite to your interview. Do you have an adviser that you could use to help prepare for this? If not search 'Get into Teaching' and give us a call!

In regards to the written tasks at interview, providers are now responsible for making sure that all aspiring teachers are sufficiently literate and numerate to work as a teacher. As such, it's common place for tests such as these to be part of the interview process. From the information that you provide, the providers are looking for you to watch a video, and analyse the content of it (so you are not describing what you see, but demonstrating your understanding of it) and reflect on how it might affect the topic that the video is based upon. (Rather than, 'I saw a teacher demonstrate their high expectations of a student.' more, 'Teachers demonstrate their high expectations of a student for a number of reasons, these are ...')

It is likely that you'll be assessed on your ability to reflect and analyse the resource, as well as your SPAG.

Wishing you all the very best for a successful interview!

Jane

Thank you for the reply :h:
I am very nervous for the interview, I was wondering what kind of questions will be asked during the interview?

Also, in regards to the written task, will it be difficult?,
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the reply :h:
I am very nervous for the interview, I was wondering what kind of questions will be asked during the interview?

Also, in regards to the written task, will it be difficult?,

Hey, I've had two university interviews for Primary Education so far. Can I ask what university you have an interview for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending