The Student Room Group

How hard are these A levels?

Deleted
(edited 2 years ago)
I think thats a good mix. History is obviously going to be hard and a lot of content but sociology is a ' soft' (easier) subject so that will lighten your load a bit.
Original post by something_orphic
I think thats a good mix. History is obviously going to be hard and a lot of content but sociology is a ' soft' (easier) subject so that will lighten your load a bit.

Honestly thanks for that I’ve been stressing about options for ages. I’m a bit scared about history myself given its rep as being fairly difficult but I do have a passion for the subject so hopefully it’ll be ok. My biggest fear is exam technique at the moment for both history and law but I’m sure I’ll eventually be taught that.
if you want to do law at uni, is sociology highly respected enough though?
Original post by debussy_reverie
if you want to do law at uni, is sociology highly respected enough though?

I think sociology being a social science is quite a good A level. I enjoy it and am going to trying to try my best to good grades in it. I would rather do something I love and want to continue to learn about than anything else. Also because right now A level/GCSE grades are a bit lenient I assume that in 2 years time there will be more emphasis on the “proper” grades achieved to top Universities in subjects that aren’t general studies or critical thinking rather than anything else.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymousnope
How difficult are these A levels:
OCR Law
AQA sociology
Edexcel History

i was reccommended not to do a-level law because its very different to studying law at university and apparently its a waste.I picked law, history and psych. i was procrastinating over changing it, shall i keep law?
Original post by Anonymousnope
How difficult are these A levels:
OCR Law
AQA sociology
Edexcel History

what degree do you want to pursue?
Original post by yeye21
what degree do you want to pursue?

Either law or sociology.
Original post by a_aish
i was reccommended not to do a-level law because its very different to studying law at university and apparently its a waste.I picked law, history and psych. i was procrastinating over changing it, shall i keep law?

I think the old stigma surrounding law has been broken, universities themselves have come out against the myth that doing A level Law is a bad idea.

Quick Reply

Latest