The Student Room Group

What's your favourite open world game?

For me personally, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is unbeatable...I don't think any game can compare to such a masterpiece in my opinion. I've played other open-world games such as Just Cause 3 and 4, GTA, Red Dead Redemption 2, Assassins Creed Odyssey, (and currently trying to get into Horizon Zero Dawn) but none of them even come close to the Witcher. What are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Gotham in Arkham CIty of the Batman series and the GTA worlds in general. Especially the GTA ones to make nonsense with cheats! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Red Dead Redemption 2, most realistic ever! IMO
GTA, COD, Yakuza 6 and Star Wars Battlefront 2
Reply 4
Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V, LOZ: Breath of the Wild
Fallout New Vegas
No competition :tongue:
Original post by KewlKitten04

cod isnt open world lol, if you talking about battle royale then dont even put that under the title of cod
Original post by Goku's Hairbrush
cod isnt open world lol, if you talking about battle royale then dont even put that under the title of cod

I mean, do battle royales really count as open-world anyway? They're pretty limited given time constraints and geographical constraining.
I wouldn't say COD counts in any form.
I haven't started the NG+ yet, I'm still playing the Blood & Wine/ Heart of Stone expansions :biggrin: have you played the expansions?
I'm not too familiar with xboxes as I've always been team playstation 😂 which xbox do you have? Xbox 360?
It's a tie between Oblivion and Skyrim

RDR2 is up there too
Original post by Kallisto
Gotham in Arkham CIty of the Batman series and the GTA worlds in general. Especially the GTA ones to make nonsense with cheats! :biggrin:

I haven't played Gotham in Arkham City, but the GTA open world is very good (although I prefer RDR2 over GTA). Have you played GTA online?
I already know nobody on the planet is going to agree with me here but... Watchdogs 2.
Original post by mra1108
Red Dead Redemption 2, most realistic ever! IMO

An amazing game 😍 The graphics are soo realistic, Rockstar did an ace job on that 👏🏽 the storyline is so good too. I'd say it's my second favourite game after The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Original post by KewlKitten04

I've only played GTA from the games you've mentioned 😊 I've heard a lot of people love CoD, but first-person player games just aren't for me :frown:
I haven't heard of that game unfortunately 😂🙈
Original post by MidgetFever
Fallout New Vegas
No competition :tongue:

Oooh I've heard good stuff about the Fallout games, still due to try it though!
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
It's a tie between Oblivion and Skyrim

RDR2 is up there too

I tried to play Skyrim but just couldn't really get into it unfortunately! Have you played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? If you love Skyrim, you'll probably love The Witcher too :biggrin: RDR2 is an amazing game too, I agree 💯 the graphics are unbeatable
That does sound very fun and different. Is it on PlayStation?
Original post by V℮rsions
I already know nobody on the planet is going to agree with me here but... Watchdogs 2.

Have you played the latest Watchdogs game? It's set in London :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest